Heating trouble shooting. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Heating trouble shooting.

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-23-2013, 12:49 AM   #1
jeepster02
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Heating trouble shooting.

Basically, I feel heat barely coming from my defrost vent, but its obviously not blowing. The fan speed control does nothing, no noise, blowing, just nothing. My guess is blower motor, but if anything, what else could cause this? It is in a 94 YJ. Thanks.

jeepster02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 12:53 AM   #2
uberxj92
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Check the relay for the a/c and blower. Check the fuses. I dint know where the blower us in s yj but you could pull the plug check for power.
If you have good relay and fuses and no power I would suspect the control panel .
Unread 10-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #3
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Check the plug on the firewall below the batter tray single red w/white tracer. That is the blower motor hot wire it has a case ground.

The heater control panel I think 4 screws. Pull it away from the dash slowly. The lever that turns power on to the system uses two white wires check for voltage at both sides and then move the lever make sure power goes through. If you have power there on both sides go over to the passenger side and look at the heater vents you should find a plug going to the resistor that gives you the three speeds. Check for voltage there with a meter.

Here is apic of the blower motor wire and plug
heater-motor-wire.jpg

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 05:12 PM   #4
jeepster02
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Great, thanks fellas. Ill have to check it out this weekend. Hopefully its an easy fix. I dont really want to dig the blower motor out to swap it.
Unread 11-11-2013, 06:48 PM   #5
jeepster02
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Well, we found that there must be a short somewhere. So, for now, we basically bypassed and I have heat. This is just temperary until I have the time to tear into thw dash to find the short. Thank fellas

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.