Got stuck today...mall crawling - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Got stuck today...mall crawling

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 02-09-2011, 02:10 PM   #61
JCJeep97
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Not gonna lie.... I saw a snow pile the other day just like that. I thought.... hmmmmm..... I wonder if I could..... no, better not

JCJeep97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2011, 02:46 PM   #62
ErikPeterson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Haha, well I saw that pile again today, and was like, not a chance in hell haha. Even though its about 4feet shorter due to some a** driving a yellow jeep in it and getting stuck. And why delete? It's a good lesson I guess. And a warning to others not to post things like this...or be eaten alive
ErikPeterson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2011, 02:50 PM   #63
MONSooNmonkey
1998 XJ Cherokee 

^ahaha.. I got stuck last night in one, but hit about 5grand and finally got out.

Unread 02-09-2011, 02:52 PM   #64
ErikPeterson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Well, let me tell you, don't tell them you asked public safety officials for help! haha just kidding guys. But, if you are ever stuck near a construction site, they are glad to play with their big toys to help you out!
Unread 02-09-2011, 03:02 PM   #65
JCJeep97
2000 TJ Wrangler 

People like to jump on others for doing stupid things.... like they're F'ing perfect
JCJeep97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2011, 03:14 PM   #66
dcioffjeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Well hate to say it but been there done that, but I did not do it in so much of a public place. Ended up doing it at my works parking lot, ended up getting out by using some sand under the rear tires, putting it in low range, and digging out the front a bit. I pretty much gave up on snow bank crawling, not worth it I will save it for the trails in the nicer weather.
dcioffjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2011, 05:42 PM   #67
ErikPeterson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah. I like the trails better too. I don't have the capabilities to crawl yet, and i like a mild trail to drive on and enjoy the time.
Unread 02-10-2011, 05:59 AM   #68
collegejeeper21
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey, we all do stupid (in other people's minds) **** all the time. I'm at ISU in Terre Haute, and with our parking situation, there are times when my TJ is parked (in a technically legal spot, but it's on a snow mound from where the university has piled it in the parking lot. I never park it at the top, because it's way too high, but generally on the side of the mound. Do all jeepers prefer to climb and crawl on rocks? Hell yeah, but some of us can't get out every weekend, or even every other weekend. Do what you can when you can. ISU has a loading dock that I've used to flex before, but I got permission from the building supervisor before I did it. Also, I've never gotten a ticket from Public Safety while parked on a snow mound for hours.
collegejeeper21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2011, 07:15 AM   #69
DiabloYJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikPeterson
And a warning to others not to post things like this...or be eaten alive
I don't see what is so wrong about what this kid did. I'm sure we've all parked on a snow bank or thought about parking on a snow bank.

If everybody wants to condemn him for his actions.....go look in the Pic Request thread and check out the thread titled BIGGEST SNOW BANK. Its DEDICATED to pics of parking on snow banks....sometimes the hypocrisy present in this forum is overwhelming.

GD Thread HIJACKERS Member #1

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

-Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006Sport View Post
Sometimes I wish I had leaf springs.
DiabloYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2011, 01:37 PM   #70
SpeedJeep
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL G View Post
The fire dept is not a towing company.You picked a great way to show people how responsible the off roading community is.If you wanted the fire dept to help you should have set it on fire.
Quite possibly the best post I've read here in a long time.
Unread 02-10-2011, 01:49 PM   #71
SpeedJeep
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloYJ View Post
I don't see what is so wrong about what this kid did. I'm sure we've all parked on a snow bank or thought about parking on a snow bank.

If everybody wants to condemn him for his actions.....go look in the Pic Request thread and check out the thread titled BIGGEST SNOW BANK. Its DEDICATED to pics of parking on snow banks....sometimes the hypocrisy present in this forum is overwhelming.
No. Not ALL of us have parked on snow banks. But there are plenty of adolescent (read: young and dumb) Jeepers who do. I see them all the time in parking lots and I'm embarrased each time. It's not impressive.

I wonder if he pulled on that little lever that reads 4lo before breaking out the shovels?
Unread 05-11-2013, 01:04 AM   #72
anotherlilguy
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Can't be too harsh on the OP, we have done stupid things in our teenage years. I had a buddy to something similar in HS, except it was a 1/2 ton Chevy, with the hitch receiver in, and the said snow bank was about 12-15 foot tall. He went up, came down, and firmly inserted the hitch into the asphalt. Had to have the construction guy(HS was being remodeled/built on to at the time) bring the loader over and lift up the rear and pull him back.

Sent from my couch while drinking a nice cold beer
anotherlilguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2013, 06:54 AM   #73
wilson1010
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Who needs to protect the firemen from a request. If they don't want to do it, they won't. Guaranteed, if some cute soccer mom has let her kid's puppy get into the storm sewer, there will be three of those pukes jumping down there to "recue" him. so, they can pull a stuck rig off a snow bank.

OP: If you ever come back here, and I don't know why you would, next time, try the snow bank at an angle of about 45 deg. And, post your success or failure somewhere where there are a few less pontificating preachers.
Unread 05-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #74
Mr_Ranger
1978 CJ5 

Never mind
Mr_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #75
Dngrs1
1979 CJ7 

You guys realize that this is a 2 1/2 yr. old thread with no redeeming value and the OP hasn't been here for 6 months?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.