Got stuck today...mall crawling - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Got stuck today...mall crawling

Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 02-08-2011, 08:09 PM   #16
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

It looks like you sunk and got high centered. Had it been colder maybe it wouldn't have melted. The best way not to get stuck is not to wheel it but that wouldn't be what I would recommend, just wheel with a buddy. Stuck happens, you just have to be ready to deal with.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2011, 08:21 PM   #17
Ross00TJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikPeterson View Post
1st, I made it the day prior, but the weather was warmer and I kinda sunk. I asked the fire dept cuz they had a truck with a snowmobile in the PL and I know some of the firefighters! And they didn't have a strap, I figured snowmobile might hint an off roader, or atleast a strap. 2nd, not everyone has infinite funds to upgrade a jeep, IM IN HIGHSCHOOL. And the only "jeeper" that went by, didn't have a strap, but had a four inch lift, and a bunch of other upgrades, but she said she never off roads. Don't hate, I thought you guys would find it amusing that a front end loader pulled me out cuz "he used to get his jeep stuck all the time in highschool too" anyways, if you are interested heres a vid. I didn't know the jeep community was so hostile. This is my first set of insults from the community and I'm thoroughly disappointed.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1789167699682

not sure if its public or not.
It's not the rig that makes the jeeper, it's the jeeper that makes the rig. It's a certain attitude toward things and a way of life. That said the Jeep and overall 4x4 community is not all butterflies and niceness all around, some people are blunt, some people will put things nicely. With all the flack the 4x4 community has been taking recently, "dumb" stunts are usually frowned upon. Just remember that you are part of something bigger than you and to do your best to represent the community well. Leave the fun for the trail, or if you must do it in public areas, keep it in good taste.

Quote:
So, I guess a question to ask would be, what is the best way to climb over a snow hill (that is firmer and a little shorter)? If you find disgust in me asking this, just don't write anything. I don't want to start disputes with you guys.
All that said, there is nothing wrong climbing over snow hills every once in a while (maybe once a winter) unless you're on a trail (then all the time ), just don't do it where there are lots of cars in the lot and remember that you are technically on someone else's property and they probably paid someone to plow that lot so if you spread snow everywhere, put it back.

Put it in low range and 2nd gear and give it enough gas to stay on top of the surface of the snow, if it's too soft then you will get stuck. If your going to do something ALWAYS make sure you have a way to "unstuck" yourself.

(BTW, if you think this was bad go post it on pirate4x4 )
Unread 02-08-2011, 08:26 PM   #18
ErikPeterson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks. These are the replies I had originally expected. And, ill try and rep better guys. Have a good one.
ErikPeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2011, 08:34 PM   #19
ErikPeterson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks. These are the replies I had originally expected. And, ill try and rep better guys. Have a good one.
Unread 02-08-2011, 08:40 PM   #20
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

first he gets stuck at the mall and then he double posts.

just kidding

Unread 02-08-2011, 08:44 PM   #21
ytowntj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Two 5' 2x6s would have gotten you out in 10 seconds...

For real? The Fire Dept? and then you bash them for not helping them?

You are the type of police officer I would hate to be pulled by, and I have the utmost respect for 95% of officers out there.
ytowntj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2011, 08:49 PM   #22
Ross00TJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytowntj View Post
Two 5' 2x6s would have gotten you out in 10 seconds...

For real? The Fire Dept? and then you bash them for not helping them?

You are the type of police officer I would hate to be pulled by, and I have the utmost respect for 95% of officers out there.
The bashing has been done and the OP understands his mistakes. On top of that he is only 16, much more life lessons to learn before he actually enters the force.
Unread 02-08-2011, 08:52 PM   #23
ytowntj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The bashing has been done and the OP understands his mistakes. On top of that he is only 16, much more life lessons to learn before he actually enters the force.
Sorry...it was pissing me off cause my dads a FF.

the first part was advice for next time
Unread 02-08-2011, 08:58 PM   #24
ErikPeterson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Well, ytowntj than you must understand the rivalry. Obviously no real hard feelings. And the 2 pieces of wood trick sounds like a good idea. here's another question since we are passed the bashing haha. When i was trying to get out prior to looking for help, my front left, and right rear tires were spinning in place, my other two weren't at all moving, guesses?
Unread 02-08-2011, 09:01 PM   #25
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well, ytowntj than you must understand the rivalry. Obviously no real hard feelings. And the 2 pieces of wood trick sounds like a good idea. here's another question since we are passed the bashing haha. When i was trying to get out prior to looking for help, my front left, and right rear tires were spinning in place, my other two weren't at all moving, guesses?
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f27/w...ad-4wd-242949/

read this/\

Unread 02-08-2011, 09:01 PM   #26
ytowntj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

You have open diffs...

Unless theyre limited slip or locked, in no traction situations only one will spin.
Unread 02-08-2011, 09:05 PM   #27
rdlongworth
2003 TJ Wrangler 

you can't fix stupid......
rdlongworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2011, 09:17 PM   #28
ErikPeterson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Thought it might have something to do with that but, never really looked into lockers. Would you suggest those as a first upgrade? Or lift first? Also I'm not sure if I mentioned the FD is adjacent to my school lot, I didnt go out of my way to ask them.also what are your guys views on people mall crawling on the parking lot, grass medians, and loading ramps and stuff if even my little stunt was abismal. Incorrect spelling I know.
Unread 02-08-2011, 09:22 PM   #29
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thought it might have something to do with that but, never really looked into lockers. Would you suggest those as a first upgrade? Or lift first? Also I'm not sure if I mentioned the FD is adjacent to my school lot, I didnt go out of my way to ask them.also what are your guys views on people mall crawling on the parking lot, grass medians, and loading ramps and stuff if even my little stunt was abismal. Incorrect spelling I know.
I would think that you being a cadet would have issues violating law. There is a respect issue here also. There is right and wrong. The things you mention above are wrong, if that isn't obvious, you shouldn't be driving!

Unread 02-08-2011, 09:28 PM   #30
Gofaster

Erik, great post. You will remember and tell this story again and again.
It's a shame all the "Lurkers" jump on the post and write you the riot act. I thought your reply was good. Enough said about those losers.
Your not the first and last person to get stuck on a snow bank. I have a few stories myself.
Advice: Just keep trying new things, best way to learn. Thanks for sharing your story.
Gofaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.