Got stuck today...mall crawling - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Got stuck today...mall crawling

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 02-08-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
ErikPeterson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Got stuck today...mall crawling

So i got stuck on like a 5 or 6 foot tall snow hill today that was a little softer than I thought. I was mall crawling, and I just couldn't wait to go up north to off road. It doesn't look high in the pics cuz me and my friends were digging it out for about a half hour before. After countless tries I went to the fire dept (right next to the school parking lot) and they proved useless as usual (I'm a cadet at the PD and theres a bit of a rivalry), so I went to a construction site and they brought a front end loader and a tow strap and pulled me out. It was sweet! And then they gave me the tow strap, it has a 13,000lb tow capacity so I think it'll be alright. The irony is I was going to buy one Saturday but decided not to. Haha. A mall crawler I know with a 4inch lift pulled up next to me prior and laughed, and didn't have a tow strap. What heavily upgraded jeep doesn't have one?(mine has stock suspension) Anyways, I thought it was an amusing story, and a video link will be up later!

ErikPeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2011, 02:51 PM   #2
BILL G
1997 TJ Wrangler 

The fire dept is not a towing company.You picked a great way to show people how responsible the off roading community is.If you wanted the fire dept to help you should have set it on fire.
BILL G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2011, 03:01 PM   #3
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikPeterson View Post
So i got stuck on like a 5 or 6 foot tall snow hill today that was a little softer than I thought. I was mall crawling, and I just couldn't wait to go up north to off road. It doesn't look high in the pics cuz me and my friends were digging it out for about a half hour before. After countless tries 1. I went to the fire dept (right next to the school parking lot) and they proved useless as usual (2.I'm a cadet at the PD and theres a bit of a rivalry), so I went to a construction site and they brought a front end loader and a tow strap and pulled me out. It was sweet! And then they gave me the tow strap, it has a 13,000lb tow capacity so I think it'll be alright. The irony is I was going to buy one Saturday but decided not to. Haha. A mall crawler I know with a 4inch lift pulled up next to me prior and laughed, and didn't have a tow strap. What heavily upgraded jeep doesn't have one?(mine has stock suspension) Anyways, I thought it was an amusing story, and a video link will be up later!
WHY THE HELL DID YOU THINK THE FIRE DEPARTMENT SHOULD BE AT YOUR BECK AND CALL LIKE THAT. You are a moron !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you learn some common since or fail out. I can't imagine you in a patrol car, I have jeep let me drive like a dumb *** in a parking lot. I have a cop car, if I turn on the lights and siren I can run stop lights.

Is this a joke or are you really this stupid?

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2011, 03:08 PM   #4
ChaseB
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Shoulda called Jeep brah, he woulda pulled you out! Hayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Unread 02-08-2011, 05:55 PM   #5
Ross00TJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Why owning a Jeep does not necessarily make anyone a Jeeper. I feel bad for that poor YJ, I hope you sell it to a real Jeeper and go buy an H2 or something.
Unread 02-08-2011, 06:00 PM   #6
ChaseB
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross00TJ View Post
Why owning a Jeep does not necessarily make anyone a Jeeper. I feel bad for that poor YJ, I hope you sell it to a real Jeeper and go buy an H2 or something.
agreed, YJ has potential!
Unread 02-08-2011, 06:00 PM   #7
Brookhart63
1999 XJ Cherokee 

[QUOTE=ChaseB;10940421]Shoulda called Jeep brah, he woulda pulled you out! Hayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Brookhart63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2011, 06:03 PM   #8
ChaseB
2005 TJ Wrangler 

That's why I carry a tow strap in my rigs, even my stock TJ....cause I make money off of turds like you
Unread 02-08-2011, 06:09 PM   #9
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry to steal you avatar other Ross.

OP this is a good example of what to climb.

Unread 02-08-2011, 06:48 PM   #10
jdub36
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ok ill stick up for you. Come on guys we were all in high school at some point and have done and even said dumb things.

OP next time you decide to try and get stuck don't do it alone, don't ask the FD for help, and keep that strap handy. Next time you post a thread think before you type, there are people from all walks of life on here so try not to offend anyone.

jw
jdub36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2011, 07:13 PM   #11
ErikPeterson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

1st, I made it the day prior, but the weather was warmer and I kinda sunk. I asked the fire dept cuz they had a truck with a snowmobile in the PL and I know some of the firefighters! And they didn't have a strap, I figured snowmobile might hint an off roader, or atleast a strap. 2nd, not everyone has infinite funds to upgrade a jeep, IM IN HIGHSCHOOL. And the only "jeeper" that went by, didn't have a strap, but had a four inch lift, and a bunch of other upgrades, but she said she never off roads. Don't hate, I thought you guys would find it amusing that a front end loader pulled me out cuz "he used to get his jeep stuck all the time in highschool too" anyways, if you are interested heres a vid. I didn't know the jeep community was so hostile. This is my first set of insults from the community and I'm thoroughly disappointed.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1789167699682

not sure if its public or not.
Unread 02-08-2011, 07:17 PM   #12
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

My POS car would leave me stuck on the way home. There wouldn't have to be anything in its way.

We all do stupid things but there is something special about his.

Unread 02-08-2011, 07:18 PM   #13
ChaseB
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Vid unavailable.....I'd be lying if I said I didn't do stupid crap like that when I was in high school, next time just make sure you have someone there to recover if you fail lol. As far as that other so called Jeeper just leaving.....that's breaking Jeep code...never leave a fellow Jeeper stranded
Unread 02-08-2011, 07:58 PM   #14
jdub36
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB View Post
Vid unavailable.....I'd be lying if I said I didn't do stupid crap like that when I was in high school, next time just make sure you have someone there to recover if you fail lol. As far as that other so called Jeeper just leaving.....that's breaking Jeep code...never leave a fellow Jeeper stranded
Agree with you, i bet she doesn't wave either.

jw
jdub36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2011, 08:00 PM   #15
ErikPeterson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

So, I guess a question to ask would be, what is the best way to climb over a snow hill (that is firmer and a little shorter)? If you find disgust in me asking this, just don't write anything. I don't want to start disputes with you guys.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.