Fundrasing Ideas for Jeep Club - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Fundrasing Ideas for Jeep Club

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 10-01-2013, 01:04 AM   #1
JCarroll89
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Fundrasing Ideas for Jeep Club

Hey everyone,

Last November, we started a Jeep club at my college and we've grown quite a bit since. Now that we've got the members, we're looking to do some fundraisers to go on some trips and start participating in events. We're having a little trouble with the brainstorming so I wanted to reach out to the JF community and see if you guys could help us out. We're open to anything, and being a tech school, have access to a full welding shop, machine shop, and auto facility. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Unread 10-01-2013, 05:32 AM   #2
rpd2459

Weld those weird figurines for the yard. A buddy of mine has a side business doing that. Yard art...
rpd2459 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #3
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Most of the clubs I know of are self funded. When they do fund raising it's for a specific charity or community and usually done by holding events and selling tickets.

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2013, 06:48 PM   #4
Stinkbug

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I wouldn't be willing to contribute my money to a "send me and my buddies on a wheelin' vacation" fund raiser.
Stinkbug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2013, 07:05 PM   #5
Duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkbug
I wouldn't be willing to contribute my money to a "send me and my buddies on a wheelin' vacation" fund raiser.
10-4. Time to start the dues.
Duh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2013, 02:18 AM   #6
WSS
1972 CJ5 

Yep, it's internal at this point. But, if you have access to a CNC plaz, cut some yard art like mentioned earlier, try some custom battery boxes some other OR accessory. Don't list it as a "fund our club" menu, just sell it for profit and apply it to your "non-profit" orginization. Elect officers and delegate tasks, like canvasing the local OR stores for sponserships of events (your events, get in an association). Put on the best otrganized event you can, draws more people next year.
WSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #7
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkbug View Post
This and I would not think it would be legal for a non for profit club to use funds to send people on a wheeling trip.
Unread 10-06-2013, 04:16 PM   #8
WSS
1972 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEJEEPERS View Post
This and I would not think it would be legal for a non for profit club to use funds to send people on a wheeling trip.
Here are the rules:

http://www.irs.gov/Charities-&-Non-P...s/Social-Clubs
WSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #9
WhiteMtnJeep
The Punk Made My Day.....

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkbug View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEJEEPERS View Post
Correct. The funds would benefit the members.

A club I belong to raises funds for wheeling trips, BUT, the people who benefit from it are Wounded Vets not the club members. The funds raised help cover some of the costs of getting the Vets there, park admission, etc. They also donate said funds to Poisoned Patriots and a few others. None of the funds raised go to the club.

Journeyman Polyphase Meterman IBEW Local 387

Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than for man.

http://www.treadlightly.org/

Siena Jeep Owner's Member 25

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-

()_) ()_)-O-)_)
WhiteMtnJeep is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.