Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

floor jack

1K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  JIMBOX 
#1 ·
guys, I am in the market for a hydraulic floor jack to keep in my garage for occasional repairs to the Jeep. I have never owned one before so I had a couple of questions. First of all I would like to keep my spending under $100 as this is something I would likely use only a couple times a year. its more of a convenience just not to have to use the OEM jack that came with the vehicle. How much weight capacity should the jack have? from what I have read, the weight under each axle of a stock JK is about 2400 lbs. so I am guessing a 2 ton would be plenty. any recommendations on ones that are under $100? I have a 2 in lift running 255/75/R17s so it would need to have enough lift capability to handle that. thanks for any advice you may have.

#4 ·
Bought a Craftsman years ago and it crapped out in 1yr 1 mo no more warranty so I would stay away from that. Got one from Costco after that and it has done very well over the past 8 years. Not sure of the brand but I have definitely put it through hell and it is still going strong.

#6 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.