Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

First time off-road with new jeep (videos)

488 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  wilson1010 
#1 ·
Hi everyone!! I am new to the forum, this is my first post. I recently purchased a 2015 wrangler Sahara. It is my daily driver, and I don't plan to modify it or do heavy off-roading but I do like to have a little fun, and I figure that's what they are made for.
I took it into some easy terrain a couple weeks ago, mud that was a foot deep at most. I crawled in slowly and actually got stuck. Couldn't get out in 4hi or low. Rocking back and forth, nothing. Had to get pulled out. It was embarrassing and I was shocked it got stuck. I figure the stock tires have horrible grip in mud and then I went in with no momentum.
So anyways that brings me to this weekend, by no means am I confident off-road I've never done it before. Some friends took me down some great trails. I didn't know what to expect from the jeep or myself. Being afraid to get stuck again I was going at obstacles with a little more momentum. Maybe too much. Looking back I'm glad I didn't break anything. Anyways, the purpose of this post is just to post those videos, let you guys see what I did in a stock Sahara. Get your opinion on how I handled the obstacles, what I could do different etc. just trying to better prepare myself for the next excursion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.