Fire Extinguisher? - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Fire Extinguisher?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 10-04-2009, 11:00 PM   #106
Deacon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996BlackXJ View Post
the environment.
What.

10 char

Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2009, 11:44 PM   #107
fishinjeeper
2001 TJ Wrangler 

hey. i was looking for a pump tank. i am not able to find one anywhere. any ideas on where to get one
Unread 10-04-2009, 11:51 PM   #108
obxresq
2000 TJ Wrangler 

You mean like this one.
$25 - $50 - INDIAN® Series 90 Fire Pump Parts and Accessories - Wildland Fire Fighting Equip - Fire Fighting Equipment - Fire and Rescue - Ben Meadows Company

or like this one
http://www.edarley.com/finditem/15541

“I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman" Chief Edward F. Croker FDNY (1899-1911)

Firefighting..The only profession where you can break into someones home, flood it, rip out the walls, bust out windows, cut holes in the roof, and they THANK YOU for your service[/COLOR]
obxresq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2009, 08:14 AM   #109
1996BlackXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firekite View Post
What.

10 char

You didn't know firefighters protect people, property, AND the environment?
4.5" lift of assorted brands, 33x10.5 KM2s on D-Windows, JCR rear bumper, Nates Slimline w/Champion 8k winch, custom half doors, roof rack, and tire carrier, Maine Woods dents and pin striping, and various other cool things.
www.maine4x4.org Maine Jeep Club Member #1 Firefighter Jeep Club Member Black Jeep Society Member #163Survivalist Jeep Club Member #14
1996BlackXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2009, 09:42 AM   #110
Deacon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I did not.

I guess I can see saying that if you're talking trying to minimize forest and brush fires, but I didn't realize that was because of the Al Gore released into the atmosphere--err, I mean CO2.
Unread 10-05-2009, 08:15 PM   #111
obxresq
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firekite View Post
I did not.

I guess I can see saying that if you're talking trying to minimize forest and brush fires, but I didn't realize that was because of the Al Gore released into the atmosphere--err, I mean CO2.
I guess FIREKITE never heard of HAZ-MAT

“I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman" Chief Edward F. Croker FDNY (1899-1911)

Firefighting..The only profession where you can break into someones home, flood it, rip out the walls, bust out windows, cut holes in the roof, and they THANK YOU for your service[/COLOR]

Last edited by obxresq; 10-05-2009 at 10:50 PM..
obxresq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2009, 11:01 PM   #112
Deacon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

That's about protecting the environment? I thought that was about protecting people from dangerous chemicals. I guess I also didn't realize that haz-mat was a normal thing for firefighters.
Unread 11-25-2009, 04:56 AM   #113
fishinjeeper
2001 TJ Wrangler 

i have referred so many people to this page. alot of informative info in this thread
Unread 11-29-2009, 11:06 AM   #114
chutta
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I used my 2 1/2 ABC on a friends Mustang on what ended up being an electrical fire, the fire dept had to reapply what was probably a CO2. I'm surprised the ins co didn't throw a fit. There was so much goop in there. He's happy it didn't get totalled, but we'll see.
05x 4.0 6sp 30/35, aussie front, 3.73's, r/c 4"x lift, adv adptr sye, shifter bracket, tw cv ds, 33 t/c skid, 33x12.5 dunlop mud rovers on steelies, psc sport cage/rockers, warn fr bump/steer and 30 diff skid, sirius,cb, hand throttle 1"bl/mml 265/16's pepboys at's on orig moabs for street. Lowrance H20c for gps
chutta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2010, 10:20 AM   #115
1SlowPoke
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Pretty informative thread here. Bump it up for some good info!
1SlowPoke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2010, 09:59 AM   #116
WaldenL
2009 JK Wrangler 

Great thread! 8 pages in, and I'm really sorry it's done. But now I know I need at least a 5lb in the jeep, but where to mount in a JK 4-dr is the question.
[COLOR="#5c0403"][FONT="Arial Black"]I'm Too Lazy to Search For a Red Rock Crystal Pearl Jeep Club Club - Member #1[/FONT][/COLOR]
WaldenL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #117
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Bumping an old thread because this is the best extinguisher thread out here and I'm not about to add another to the 100+. I've been looking to pick one up after so many burning Jeep threads. I'm looking at a 5lb extinguisher in either BC or Purple K. I was leaning toward Purple K since one can has about 2x the fire suppression of an equal sized BC can. Only question is, are there any bad downsides to Purple K?
http://www.trianglefireinc.com/Amere...FQsFnQodyHAAtQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2012, 09:09 PM   #118
spbarone
2015 JK Wrangler 

I'm gonna bump this since that's how I was lucky enough to find it myself. Hopefully others will see it too.

I found this unit and based off what I've read here I think 2 will do the trick for now. Moderately priced and right sized to fit in front of the driver and pass side seats. Site says ready to ship or possibly in stock for local pick up.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/AME...guisher-13J008
spbarone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #119
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spbarone View Post
I'm gonna bump this since that's how I was lucky enough to find it myself. Hopefully others will see it too.

I found this unit and based off what I've read here I think 2 will do the trick for now. Moderately priced and right sized to fit in front of the driver and pass side seats. Site says ready to ship or possibly in stock for local pick up.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/AME...guisher-13J008
To me, a 2.5 lb. fire extinguisher is just too small, not to mention a 5 lb. extinguisher fits those locations you mention just fine... see my post earlier in this thread showing how I have mounted a 5 lb. extinguisher there. If you're going to go to the trouble of mounting two, I'd sure pay a tad more and go with the more useful 5 lb. size since it fits there fine.

Think about where offroading typically takes place... out in the boondocks where it will take a fire truck a long time to get to. I just can't go along with a 2.5 lb. extinguisher being a serious/realistic size extinguisher for remote offroad locations. And there is no need to order an extinguisher, any local hardware store like Lowes, Home Depot, etc. has them in stock... including the more recommended 5 lb. size models.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

TJ
HOLIDAY THEMED GIVEAWAY!
Jerry Bransford is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #120
spbarone
2015 JK Wrangler 

I was having a hard time finding 5lb BC canisters with metal valving which is why I considered the (2) 2.5s. I hadn't checked Home Depot though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using JeepForum
spbarone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.