fire extinguisher - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > fire extinguisher

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-02-2006, 04:47 PM   #1
frumpy

fire extinguisher

I was thinking of getting one for my jeep but im not too sure what exactly I should be looking for. Any advice or what do you think of the one below.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/assortmen...romSearch=true

frumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2006, 04:50 PM   #2
AOPAPilot

funny you post this because I was wondering the same thing. I was thinking about picking this up from quadratec but I dont know exactly what size extinguisher this will hold and if the straps would be long enough to go around the padding of my roll bar. Thinking about just picking up a 5lb. from Lowes and strapping it via black zipties sinec I cant find anything better online.
Unread 07-02-2006, 04:57 PM   #3
jcd
2008 JK Wrangler 

Not wanting to spend a ridiculous amount of money on a fire extinguisher, I bought a two pack of the standard 2.6 Lb Kidde ABC extinguishers from Costco for like $20. I mounted one on each side of the Jeep, right on the roll bar behind the front seats. The little chrome ones are cool and a good size for cars, but there's plenty of room for the standard size units in a Jeep...
Unread 07-02-2006, 05:14 PM   #4
AOPAPilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcd
Not wanting to spend a ridiculous amount of money on a fire extinguisher, I bought a two pack of the standard 2.6 Lb Kidde ABC extinguishers from Costco for like $20. I mounted one on each side of the Jeep, right on the roll bar behind the front seats. The little chrome ones are cool and a good size for cars, but there's plenty of room for the standard size units in a Jeep...

what did you use to mount them? velcro of some sort? or zipties?
Unread 07-02-2006, 05:25 PM   #5
jcd
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOPAPilot
what did you use to mount them? velcro of some sort? or zipties?
I just used some long black zip ties to mount the plastic brackets that come with the extinguishers. One at the top of the bracket that goes over the seat belt mounting bolt and another at the bottom of the bracket to hold keep it straight.

In addition to the plastic bracket's strap, I also ran a black nylon strap around the middle of the extinguisher to keep it steady over the bumpy stuff. They've been hanging there for quite a while now and seem to be pretty solid - no rattles and they haven't come down yet
Unread 07-02-2006, 05:27 PM   #6
johnWJ

2014 JK Wrangler 

I bought an ABC one from target for like $8. Great size, fits on the rollbar behind the soundbar perfectly.

As for mounting, I used pipe clamps. Worked perfect and I have them just layin around
Unread 07-02-2006, 06:49 PM   #7
AOPAPilot

just got back from lowes... picked up a 2.5 lb and some heavy duty zip ties. Mounted on the pillar behind drivers seat with two of the ties and works/looks great. Total cost - $13.00
Unread 07-03-2006, 12:23 PM   #8
grymsr
Vintage Member

2004 TJ Wrangler 

just remember not to mount them too securely - you may need to get them out of the jeep in a hurry sometime

Black Jeep Club v1.0 and v2.0 #1776
DR Z MUST BE STOPPED #7
grymsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2006, 01:04 PM   #9
AOPAPilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by grymsr
just remember not to mount them too securely - you may need to get them out of the jeep in a hurry sometime

I tied the zip ties through the plastic mount. Pretty fast to get the one snap from around the extinguisher. I allready tested, haha.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.