finally pulled the trigger. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > finally pulled the trigger.

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #1
jeepjk08
2008 JK Wrangler 

finally pulled the trigger.

I just bought the RE 3.5 standard lift kit with no shocks and separately ordered their monotube shocks. I know aren't a quality lift but I plan on switching it out gradually. So with saying that, is there anything else I need to get immediately?

jeepjk08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2013, 04:19 AM   #2
Craft95ZJ
1986 MJ Comanche 

A weekend off for the install, 33" tires, and an alignment. I would also look into some control arms down the road for better flex and ride quality.
Unread 09-17-2013, 05:46 AM   #3
armyRN
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepjk08 View Post
I just bought the RE 3.5 standard lift kit with no shocks and separately ordered their monotube shocks. I know aren't a quality lift but I plan on switching it out gradually. So with saying that, is there anything else I need to get immediately?
I've got their superflex kit on my TJ. Don't buy into the "RE is crap" mentality. It's a good mid-price range lift kit.

If it didn't come with an adjustable front track bar you'll probably need one of those. I don't know how the kit addressed the rear track bar, but you want to make sure your rear axle is centered under your Jeep (either with a track bar bracket and/or an adjustable rear track bar.
armyRN is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.