Fenders and tops - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Fenders and tops

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 10-23-2013, 09:19 AM   #1
Freemaniz
2014 JKU Rubi

2014 JK Wrangler 

Fenders and tops

Help me understand why people like the black plastic fenders and tops that come on some jeeps from the factory. I will admit im not a "jeep guy" im just a jeep owner! But if i wouldn't have found a Rubi with painted fenders and top i wouldnt have bought one! Literally i drove 212mi to a dealership because no local dealers had a fully loaded unlimited Rubi, and i have played the dealer transfer game one too many times...

how do you guys feel about both?

Unread 10-23-2013, 01:52 PM   #2
Michel347

Because there was this lady yesterday trying to seat her children in the back of her car and was pushing her door with her *** in my fender while doing so ???
Michel347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #3
Freemaniz
2014 JKU Rubi

2014 JK Wrangler 

Too Funny!!!
Unread 10-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #4
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

well the fenders are plastic and will not hold up any abuse. I have seen what Az rock does to painted flairs/fenders. it does the same to none painted too, just cost less to replace.
Face it if you go off road much or do trails for a Rubicon capable jeep, the paint will be first to go....along with any and ALL plastic including the plastic plate holder that hangs out.

So for many it is why pay to have them paint something you will be tossing away? My hard top I have not used in over a year, doorless topless. If the weather is bad enough I have soft half cab and soft doors.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.