Fat Bobs Garage - never again! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Fat Bobs Garage - never again!

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 10-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #1
HWSx
2000 WJ 

Fat Bobs Garage - never again!

So about 3 weeks ago I called and ordered a 2.5" coil spring lift kit for my '00 WJ and the order goes just fine and they say it should be shipped out Tuesday, Tuesday comes around and not shipped, I wait for Wednesday to see if it ships, still doesn't. I call and ask what's going on they say it will ship Thursday, Thursday it doesn't ship, I call Friday and ask and they say it will ship that day, well Friday it doesn't ship. So I call Monday and they say they're on back order and they will send me all BDS springs for no extra cost. So I'm like alright should be fine, needless to say it doesn't hip until a whole week after they tell me they're giving me BDS springs and it would make it 2 weeks after I ordered that they finally ship. I FINALLY got the boxes today I open them up and the front springs were Rustys Off Road and rear springs were Zone Off Road, I've never heard of any of those brands. They stated "We're shipping you out BDS springs to make up for this back order, we're going to take care of you" So they lied so many times to me and sent me the wrong brand springs!

HWSx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
LonestarWJ

I ordered a set from them off of eBay. Shipped fast. Installed them and they seem really good. I liked that not only are they longer than stock they are also beefier springs. Sorry that they jacked you around.
LonestarWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 01:15 PM   #3
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Zone is sister company to BDS and their springs are just fine. Rusty's is also a pretty well known company although one that does produce some poor products backed up with worse customer service. Springs though are probably one of the safer choices from them. Sounds like you got jerked around on the delay but what was actually delivered isn't really a problem.
Unread 10-27-2013, 11:42 PM   #4
bentbolt
2004 WJ 

Fat bobs springs are just repackaged rustys . I have 2 1/2 kit from them spring are same free standing height but a lot. Thinker diameter. Idk bout zone but I'm sure they will be held up by like any big company.
bentbolt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2013, 08:49 AM   #5
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

What do you expect from an establishment called 'Fat Bob's Garage'?

Come on now.

Order good parts from good people.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #6
DavisI
2002 WJ 

Imped, Fat Bob's is actually pretty well known and respected in the wj community, even though the name is goofy.

OP, many people don't like rustys due to a softer spring rate than bds, zone, iron rock, and pretty much everyone else. I'd send it back.
DavisI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2013, 10:10 AM   #7
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisI View Post
Imped, Fat Bob's is actually pretty well known and respected in the wj community, even though the name is goofy.

OP, many people don't like rustys due to a softer spring rate than bds, zone, iron rock, and pretty much everyone else. I'd send it back.
Rustys, BDS and Zone are also well-respected in many circles but if you actually take a look at the quality of many of their parts, you'll wonder why.

There's a lot of misunderstanding in the 4x4 community, especially in regards to suspension. And with that misunderstanding comes unjustified loyalty to certain companies.
Unread 10-28-2013, 10:29 AM   #8
DavisI
2002 WJ 

I was more suggesting that the store itself is held in good regards. But I see your point.
Unread 10-28-2013, 10:32 AM   #9
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Judging by this experience, they shouldn't be.
Unread 10-28-2013, 10:54 AM   #10
DavisI
2002 WJ 

Fair enough. This doesn't necessarily represent this forum's overall experience with them though.

OP, try to return them if you're unsatisfied. They'll probably cooperate.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.