Expedition Jeep Topic - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Expedition Jeep Topic

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 09-13-2010, 05:26 PM   #61
jbg1980
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Does anyone know if the hubs can be replaced on the Harbor Freight trailers to accept a jeep bolt pattern?

jbg1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2010, 09:15 PM   #62
fishinjeeper
2001 TJ Wrangler 

yes they can from what others have told me
Unread 09-13-2010, 09:16 PM   #63
fishinjeeper
2001 TJ Wrangler 

they come with a 4x4 bolt pattern, you will need a 5x4.5
Unread 09-14-2010, 01:37 AM   #64
Terrible2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

what color is your jeep and if you did it yourself how much was it?
Terrible2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2010, 10:29 AM   #65
battman
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinjeeper View Post
they come with a 4x4 bolt pattern, you will need a 5x4.5
Fisher is right....and you can find them online for pretty cheap. I have 2 friends that have made the swap. Any of HF trailers are nice...with a little welding, cutting, and imagination you can have yourself a damn nice "outing trailer". I will start a build thread on this trailer once I get heavy into it.

Unread 09-14-2010, 10:34 AM   #66
battman
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Got this picture sent to me by a friend. Now that is Killer!

Unread 09-14-2010, 11:22 AM   #67
battman
2006 TJ Wrangler 

For all of us that enjoy expedition type wheeling, check this website out. This website has videos, photo's, etc about the Jeep expedition from Paris to NY. The videos are very cool....a lot of money spent on these rigs. As most of us know, the trip ended due to weather and mechanical breakdowns....regardless check it out in your free time.

EXTREM EVENTS - Paris -> New York
Unread 09-14-2010, 05:45 PM   #68
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

ok I'm late and a newb but I cannot believe nobody has said it: 2 spares!

"Seems like alot and I can't say for a fact that it was all needed but that's what happens from reading forums." Jimk403
gsaxe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2010, 05:58 PM   #69
battman
2006 TJ Wrangler 

2 spares would be great for a long haul. Of course to carry the extra spare a trailer would be best bet...
Unread 09-14-2010, 06:03 PM   #70
jbg1980
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Any way you could find out what place your friends purchased there hub`s from for there Harbor Freight trailer?
jbg1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2010, 06:30 PM   #71
Apollo21
2002 WJ 

Good thread, i use my Jeep a lot to access camping, fishing, hiking, and mountain biking areas. I wouldn't say i'm satisfied where it is at in it's expedition stage. But i would say that my suspension is finished since i'm at 32s and don't need more. I'm now looking into roof racks and the like.

Also good to see another Fredneck Battman!
Midshipmen Patrick 1/C USMMA DD: 2004 Golf GLS TDI 43mpg and 2002 Overland: Zone 4in, 32in Treadwright MTRs, IRO upper CAs, lift gate light mod, Alpine/Polk speakers, and power inverter with USB in dash mod, CB, custom rear swing out tire carrier Build thread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/apollo21-build-thread-902929/[/url] SOLD
Apollo21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2010, 06:34 PM   #72
RaulLeoni
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsaxe View Post
ok I'm late and a newb but I cannot believe nobody has said it: 2 spares!
I would do 2 spares if I was traveling alone, which I never do.

Our team sticks to the same wheel and tire size....and same vehicle for that matter...it makes the spare parts logistics so much easier.
Unread 09-14-2010, 06:35 PM   #73
battman
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo21 View Post
Good thread, i use my Jeep a lot to access camping, fishing, hiking, and mountain biking areas. I wouldn't say i'm satisfied where it is at in it's expedition stage. But i would say that my suspension is finished since i'm at 32s and don't need more. I'm now looking into roof racks and the like.

Also good to see another Fredneck Battman!
Another Fredneck ...woohoo...its rare to find a fellow fredneck for sure!

Anytime you want to or let me know! Love to check out your rig and maybe head out for a trail ride!
Unread 09-14-2010, 06:44 PM   #74
Apollo21
2002 WJ 

Sure, i'm at my other listed location right now for college but when i'm home i go wheeling plenty. Also there are a bunch of Jeep guys in Ft. detrick they can be found in this thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f160/.../index212.html
Midshipmen Patrick 1/C USMMA DD: 2004 Golf GLS TDI 43mpg and 2002 Overland: Zone 4in, 32in Treadwright MTRs, IRO upper CAs, lift gate light mod, Alpine/Polk speakers, and power inverter with USB in dash mod, CB, custom rear swing out tire carrier Build thread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/apollo21-build-thread-902929/[/url] SOLD
Apollo21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2010, 10:46 PM   #75
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

Interesting thread. Crawled.
McKBrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.