Expedition Jeep Topic - Page 23 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Expedition Jeep Topic

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 01-20-2014, 10:19 AM   #331
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I also agree to adding an add a leaf for capacity but not for height. A junkyard leaf is possible but a spring shop can easily handle your needs the first time around. You will want an overload helper spring that comes into action as weight is added.

Ron

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 10:30 AM   #332
DunmerBoy
eXJpedition

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Oh okay sweet guys thanks! I'll have to do some research about shops in town or regionally. And oh I agree solid axel isn't a bad thing, and that dodge truck sounds pretty jeepy to me. Haha and yes, it's kind of a pointless argument ifs vs solid, especially in modern vehicles. I would go for a diesel unlimited in a heart beat. I wonder how a diesel 2014 GC would do. If you could manage the lift on your own and have the cash, that would probably be almost optimal. They're super comfortable, capable, and tough. But the older trucks have simplicity on their side. It's all a matter of know how.

College Student in Genetics, misanthrope, Jeeper and musician

- Build Thread -
DunmerBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2014, 01:22 PM   #333
theksmith
2003 WJ 

for anyone in AZ this weekend that's wanting to get more into the expedition thing (cross posted from Offroad Passport here...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offroad Passport View Post

What do you need to do one of our overnight runs? How do you pack for a week long expedition? What's for dinner?

These sort of questions have come up several times recently on the Offroad Passport forum as more folks consider joining us on our expedition style trips. Come out and get the answers! We'll be presenting some tips & tricks and be open to general questions on these topics at our Meet, Eat & Greet event this Saturday (2/1/2014) near Cave Creek, AZ. Our sister club, 4x4 Ham, will be there discussing trail communications (HAM rigs, CB's, antenna basics, etc.)

This is a free event, open to anyone, and the trail is doable in nearly any stock 4x4. We hope to see a lot of new faces there ready to ask questions!

Event sign-up and information thread on Offroad Passport:
http://offroadpassport.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3325

Sign-up for 4x4 Ham members:
http://www.4x4ham.com/showthread.php...th-a-Trail-Run
both Offroad Passport and 4x4 Ham are free forums, please register at either site and reply to one of the sign-up threads if you're coming - we just need a head count since we're furnishing food and drinks for everyone. Thanks!
theksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2014, 02:42 PM   #334
longtro
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theksmith View Post
both Offroad Passport and 4x4 Ham are free forums, please register at either site and reply to one of the sign-up threads if you're coming - we just need a head count since we're furnishing food and drinks for everyone. Thanks!
Thanks for the post. Very interesting.
longtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2014, 10:49 PM   #335
xjman88
1996 ZJ 

Man its been a while since ive been on this thread. I have a 96 zj thats my current Expo rig. Ive put alot of time and ideas into it the last 2 years. And Ive been out in the backcountry of Maine alot. Still some mods to do but shes expo ready. I have a decent build page on the Expedition Portal. Ill try to do upload some pics on here.
xjman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2014, 01:57 PM   #336
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjman88 View Post
Man its been a while since ive been on this thread. I have a 96 zj thats my current Expo rig. Ive put alot of time and ideas into it the last 2 years. And Ive been out in the backcountry of Maine alot. Still some mods to do but shes expo ready. I have a decent build page on the Expedition Portal. Ill try to do upload some pics on here.
Link to the build thread?

Cheers
Sparrows is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2014, 07:34 PM   #337
xjman88
1996 ZJ 

Im gonna try to put a link. http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...Expedition-Rig
Unread 03-06-2014, 11:22 AM   #338
xjman88
1996 ZJ 

0k the link is up and working. Feel free to give some feedback.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.