exhaust - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > exhaust

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 01-01-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
thart78

exhaust

I currently have a 2008 jeep wrangler and want to put exhaust on it. The rims I have on the jeep now are black and want to make the exhaust the same. I went to get prices on the exhaust at a local store and learned I could get dual exhaust put on the jeep for$ 275 chrome tips. The black tips were going to cost a hell of a lot more. I was wondering is there anyway to go the cheaper route with chrome and then use some kind of material (powder coating etc) to make them black like I want? Wanted to see if anyone had any tips on how to go about this or have done it them selves. Thanks for your input!

thart78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2011, 11:00 PM   #2
tehgregzor
2004 WJ 

I bought a Grey turndown tip at O'Reily's for 7 dollars. I'm pretty sure they had black tips as well. I would look there, and even at (cringe) Auto Zone or Advance Auto. Don't overpay for exhaust tips, but DO get them welded on if possible. For some reason exhaust shops sell straight 2.5" pipe for cheap, but when you cut an end to it, all of a sudden it's worth it's weight in gold!
tehgregzor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2011, 07:31 AM   #3
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thart78 View Post
I currently have a 2008 jeep wrangler and want to put exhaust on it. The rims I have on the jeep now are black and want to make the exhaust the same. I went to get prices on the exhaust at a local store and learned I could get dual exhaust put on the jeep for$ 275 chrome tips. The black tips were going to cost a hell of a lot more. I was wondering is there anyway to go the cheaper route with chrome and then use some kind of material (powder coating etc) to make them black like I want? Wanted to see if anyone had any tips on how to go about this or have done it them selves. Thanks for your input!

this would work.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2011, 06:31 PM   #4
OlYellerTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Go to your favorite flavor of A) local auto parts store or B) big-box destruction supply outlet and check out their gas/charcoal grill section. Get a can of A) engine or B) grill "touch up" paint; both are for "high temp" applications, and either should meet your need. YMMV
OlYellerTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
black , chrome , exhaust

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.