post #1 of Old 01-01-2011, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
thart78

exhaust

I currently have a 2008 jeep wrangler and want to put exhaust on it. The rims I have on the jeep now are black and want to make the exhaust the same. I went to get prices on the exhaust at a local store and learned I could get dual exhaust put on the jeep for$ 275 chrome tips. The black tips were going to cost a hell of a lot more. I was wondering is there anyway to go the cheaper route with chrome and then use some kind of material (powder coating etc) to make them black like I want? Wanted to see if anyone had any tips on how to go about this or have done it them selves. Thanks for your input!

post #2 of Old 01-02-2011, 11:00 PM
tehgregzor
2004 WJ 

I bought a Grey turndown tip at O'Reily's for 7 dollars. I'm pretty sure they had black tips as well. I would look there, and even at (cringe) Auto Zone or Advance Auto. Don't overpay for exhaust tips, but DO get them welded on if possible. For some reason exhaust shops sell straight 2.5" pipe for cheap, but when you cut an end to it, all of a sudden it's worth it's weight in gold!
post #3 of Old 01-03-2011, 07:31 AM
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thart78 View Post
I currently have a 2008 jeep wrangler and want to put exhaust on it. The rims I have on the jeep now are black and want to make the exhaust the same. I went to get prices on the exhaust at a local store and learned I could get dual exhaust put on the jeep for$ 275 chrome tips. The black tips were going to cost a hell of a lot more. I was wondering is there anyway to go the cheaper route with chrome and then use some kind of material (powder coating etc) to make them black like I want? Wanted to see if anyone had any tips on how to go about this or have done it them selves. Thanks for your input!

this would work.

01 TJ, 34 Super Swaper 34x10.5 bias, Winch, locked, belly up, some armor.
post #4 of Old 01-03-2011, 06:31 PM
OlYellerTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Go to your favorite flavor of A) local auto parts store or B) big-box destruction supply outlet and check out their gas/charcoal grill section. Get a can of A) engine or B) grill "touch up" paint; both are for "high temp" applications, and either should meet your need. YMMV

Tags
black , chrome , exhaust