Engo E10000 Winch Review - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Engo E10000 Winch Review

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 04-03-2012, 09:38 AM   #31
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bseblfrk09 View Post
Regardless of what it pulled, every one of those winches were pulled to their max. Yes the engo may have been 3000 pounds less, but that was still its max and it didn't fail. Only 2 winches survived the same exact torture and the Warn failed. You can praise Warn all you want but what is the point of having a winch that can pull an extra 3000lbs and fail at the end. I would much rather have a winch that pulls only 12000lbs and still be able to make another pull if need be.
Pretty funny... the Warn pulled to over 16,000 lbs. before failing and you find fault with that.

Not that we could ever get our winches to pull 16,000 lbs. except in a test lab.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

TJ
HOLIDAY THEMED GIVEAWAY!
Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #32
bseblfrk09
2013 JK Wrangler 

16,000 lbs doesn't help if it explodes when it gets there. What do you do when you max it out, it explodes and you need it again in the same day? I would rather have a winch that stalls at 12,000lbs but doesn't explode. In which case I could add another pulley to the mix and try again. There is no trying again if it explodes.
bseblfrk09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #33
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

You're really complaining about a 9500 lb. winch failing at 16,500 lbs.? Congratulations on being a great spin doctor.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

TJ
HOLIDAY THEMED GIVEAWAY!
Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #34
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bseblfrk09
16,000 lbs doesn't help if it explodes when it gets there. What do you do when you max it out, it explodes and you need it again in the same day? I would rather have a winch that stalls at 12,000lbs but doesn't explode. In which case I could add another pulley to the mix and try again. There is no trying again if it explodes.
I agree with this. I would rather it stall at it rating and work again. You can always try again. And it will still work tomorrow. If it explodes its done till its rebuilt or replaced. No second try.

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #35
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Its starting to smell like a men's urinal in here.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #36
bseblfrk09
2013 JK Wrangler 

Great for Warn. They can build a winch that costs 4x the amount of my Engo and for that low low cost you get a winch that will pollute water (so much for treading lightly), fail to pull even half of its line before draining a battery, and explode after pulling 16,500lbs. But I will tell you what they do do well. Their controller is definitely better than Engo because it "feels better" in your hand. They also make really good stickers! Oh, and don't forget they buy their way to the number one spot in winch shootouts because they were out performed by winches a quarter of the cost!

Instead I will take my Engo which will not pollute water, almost finishes the pull without draining a battery, and stalls out at a weak 12,000lbs and does not explode. Instead it allows me to step back, rethink my strategy and try again. It also came with a wireless controller (so much for Warn's controller being so much better). Oh, and yes it is a whole 3 decibels louder than Warn.
Unread 04-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #37
TJDaveX
Motorized Toy Collector

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Instead I will take my Engo which,..... almost finishes the pull without draining a battery,........
I lol'd on that one. Thank you for that.

Message sent from previous new technology Chinese winch owner. His winch died before it was two years old, and he now owns a Warn.
TJDaveX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2012, 12:29 PM   #38
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

If I see someone stuck with a dead Chinese winch, I'll winch them out. I'll laugh at them a bit first, but I'd still pull them out. In all fairness though, if the roles were reversed, I would expect the same treatment.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2012, 12:53 PM   #39
bseblfrk09
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDaveX

Message sent from previous new technology Chinese winch owner. His winch died before it was two years old, and he now owns a Warn.
Ya because an Engo leaving 22 ft of line is terrible compared to Warn thst leaves 58 ft...
Unread 04-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #40
bseblfrk09
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDaveX

Read the shootout and you will actually understand what is going on...
Unread 04-03-2012, 01:16 PM   #41
ClimbStuff
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Here was the test.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/techartic...t/viewall.html
ClimbStuff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #42
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClimbStuff View Post
Seems Warn was their top choice.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2012, 01:54 PM   #43
ClimbStuff
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Seems Warn was their top choice.
Yes. More importantly though, was this line:

Quote:
In conclusion, while all of the winches in this test have strengths that distinguish them, the Warn 9.5xp is the most recommendable winch of the group we tested.
They identify that every winch had certain qualities that make them desirable, they just felt the Warn was the most well rounded.
ClimbStuff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2012, 02:00 PM   #44
bseblfrk09
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClimbStuff

Yes. More importantly though, was this line:

They identify that every winch had certain qualities that make them desirable, they just felt the Warn was the most well rounded.
Even though it didn't survive...
Unread 04-03-2012, 02:31 PM   #45
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Even though it didn't survive...
Mine has survived 11 years now. But I do agree with you, I would rather have it stall at a lower pull the break at a higher pull. As far as the battery consumption, that doesn't concern me.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.