Engo E10000 Winch Review - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Engo E10000 Winch Review

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 04-02-2012, 08:10 AM   #16
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva283 View Post
They haven't said it yet but have implied it. Give it a few more post and it'll be brutally obvious. It started with the finesse made comment. Just cause something is made in China doesn't make it junk for starters. Secondly my winch issue has nothing to do with where its made it has to do with customer service as it arrived broke. That's what started all this. It would be easier if everyone said you use yours I will use mine. They will all fail sooner or later period. If they didn't warn would not need to sell rebuild kits.
That is why their products have such a wonderful reputation. If you go cheap get a Shmity Bilt. As least if/when their stuff breaks they have decent customer service. It also seems as time passes less people are having problems with them.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2012, 08:34 AM   #17
bseblfrk09
2013 JK Wrangler 

Well I did my first couple pulls this weekend with my Engo. It performed flawlessly. My first pull was a self recovery out of a decently deep mud pit. The second was my buddy's F150 out of the same mud. Both went without a hitch. As for the Warn debate, all I have to say is that the truth is in the testing and we saw how that went. I agree that customer service probably isn't the best, but I can't afford a Warn and to be honest I don't think I would ever want one. They are terribly over priced, and it really bothered me that they pretty much bought the #1 spot in the shootout. I am very happy with my Engo. It is important to know that what happened with Siva283 happens with every company, but I don't think it is right that they don't want to fix the problem.
bseblfrk09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #18
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bseblfrk09 View Post
Well I did my first couple pulls this weekend with my Engo. It performed flawlessly. My first pull was a self recovery out of a decently deep mud pit. The second was my buddy's F150 out of the same mud. Both went without a hitch. As for the Warn debate, all I have to say is that the truth is in the testing and we saw how that went. I agree that customer service probably isn't the best, but I can't afford a Warn and to be honest I don't think I would ever want one. They are terribly over priced, and it really bothered me that they pretty much bought the #1 spot in the shootout. I am very happy with my Engo. It is important to know that what happened with Siva283 happens with every company, but I don't think it is right that they don't want to fix the problem.
The deal with the Warn debate is that many that speak about their Warns have had them for 10 years plus, not one or two pulls, not one or two years, but one or two decades. Where area all the cheaper winches that are 10 plus years old? We will see how the cheaper winches hold up for that length of time. That is when we will see how good these cheaper winches really are.

Unread 04-02-2012, 11:05 AM   #19
bseblfrk09
2013 JK Wrangler 

That's funny because the Warn failed after 3 pulls in the shootout...
Unread 04-02-2012, 11:20 AM   #20
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I already know how Siva feels about this, but for the original poster or anyone else stuck between the "Can't afford the Warn but want something decent" vise. A wheeling buddy of mine has had this same winch for a few years with no issues. He's even winched me up a hill of loose dirt at Rausch once.

http://www.amazon.com/Superwinch-1585202-LP8500-Winch/dp/B0030E5HS8/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1333387050&sr=8-9

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #21
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Who knows, maybe new Warns are as bad as the cheapo winches? I just doesn't seem to be all the common that the new Warn winches fail. Until it happens multiple times we can't really tell.

Unread 04-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #22
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Long story short, I ended up with 2 Warn M8000 winches at the same time last year. Sold one (unopened) to a buddy for what it cost me (great sale price). I installed mine right away and have used it many, many times without fail. He installed his much later than myself, and doubt that he used it as much as I did mine, and it failed on him. I had to find my original email invoice for him to be able to get Warn to cover it under warraunty. Turns out, something in his gears got trashed, and I guess that burned up his motor. Warn fixed it.

Just goes to show, Its he luck of the draw. Most people would agree that the M8000 has been one of Warns most used and most reliable winches.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2012, 11:55 AM   #23
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
Long story short, I ended up with 2 Warn M8000 winches at the same time last year. Sold one (unopened) to a buddy for what it cost me (great sale price). I installed mine right away and have used it many, many times without fail. He installed his much later than myself, and doubt that he used it as much as I did mine, and it failed on him. I had to find my original email invoice for him to be able to get Warn to cover it under warraunty. Turns out, something in his gears got trashed, and I guess that burned up his motor. Warn fixed it.

Just goes to show, Its he luck of the draw. Most people would agree that the M8000 has been one of Warns most used and most reliable winches.
I don't believe in luck, just chances. If Warn winches are starting to fail it isn’t bad luck it is ****ty quality control. The worse your quality controls the greater chance for a crappy product hitting the street.

If this is the case, screw Warn. They charge a premium and should deliver.

I had one problem with my Warn due to my fault. I mailed them the bad part they instantly mailed me a new one, no questions asked, no charges, no receipt. If this has changed I say Warn sucks twice as hard for charging a premium price and not given top notch service or a top notch product.

Unread 04-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #24
MayRoll
2003 TJ Wrangler 

My EPi 9.0 is made in China. It's line speed, amp draw, reliability and warranty is first class. I don't think even the most die hard Warn fans would dare to lump these winches in with Smitty, harbor etc. Why is that? After all it isn't made in the US, and should be crap. Maybe Superwinch and their Chinese assemblers didn't get the memo.
MayRoll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #25
ClimbStuff
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayRoll View Post
My EPi 9.0 is made in China. It's line speed, amp draw, reliability and warranty is first class. I don't think even the most die hard Warn fans would dare to lump these winches in with Smitty, harbor etc. Why is that? After all it isn't made in the US, and should be crap. Maybe Superwinch and their Chinese assemblers didn't get the memo.
The EPi does do a lot of things very well... still loud though. Other than that I can't say I've ever heard any horror stories about an EPi. I wouldn't buy one though... blue winch on a red Jeep... nah.
ClimbStuff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2012, 01:05 PM   #26
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayRoll View Post
I have the EP9.0 and it broke the 12k steel cable on its second use, I have a Viking 3/8 syn line now with several pulls on it.

I like it, it is well build and it works very well.
wushaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #27
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClimbStuff View Post
The EPi does do a lot of things very well... still loud though. Other than that I can't say I've ever heard any horror stories about an EPi. I wouldn't buy one though... blue winch on a red Jeep... nah.
Blue? It's black. The line maybe blue.
wushaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2012, 12:03 AM   #28
ClimbStuff
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wushaw View Post
Blue? It's black. The line maybe blue.
Blue stickers :P
ClimbStuff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2012, 08:02 AM   #29
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You need to either re-read that shootout or stop trying to mislead us about what really happened. That was a 9500 lb. winch (Warn 9.5xp) and it failed only after its test load was increased up to something like 16,500 lbs. to see how much it could ultimately pull before giving up... which was well over 50% greater than what it was rated to pull.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #30
bseblfrk09
2013 JK Wrangler 

Regardless of what it pulled, every one of those winches were pulled to their max. Yes the engo may have been 3000 pounds less, but that was still its max and it didn't fail. Only 2 winches survived the same exact torture and the Warn failed. You can praise Warn all you want but what is the point of having a winch that can pull an extra 3000lbs and fail at the end. I would much rather have a winch that pulls only 12000lbs and still be able to make another pull if need be.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.