Emergency Warning Lights for Jeep CJ7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Emergency Warning Lights for Jeep CJ7

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 08-12-2011, 09:12 PM   #1
ctappan94
1983 CJ7 

Emergency Warning Lights for Jeep CJ7

Hello All,

does anyone know what headlight flashers to use for the jeeps??? Is it positive ground switched? Or positive standard switched? I know they don't use DRL's but if anyone has any input.....thanks

ctappan94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
mylt1

you sure wig-wags are legal in NJ? i know for volys in most states they are not.
mylt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2011, 01:54 PM   #3
Blkdvll
2004 WJ 

I ordered my flasher from Galls.com. Unfortunately it seems your application chart is down at the moment. I'll keep checking back and see if I can find you an answer
2004 4.0L w/242 WJ - Front tow points, Rear D Shackel, 3"/2.5" lift, 245/75 Falken ATs, Sway Bar delete, Overland Sliders, T-Case Skid, Hella 500's, Halved Bumper, Custom Rad.Core Skid, Soft 8's, MV50 OBA, Hi-lift/lift mate, shovel, (1st)On-Board Cooler, OME S.S., Rola Basket.....more soon
Blkdvll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2011, 09:26 AM   #4
ctappan94
1983 CJ7 

to be honest, wig wags are illegal for everyone..anywhere, because it intermittently turns your lights off depending on whether it is connected to the highbeam in the same lens. Regardless, A municipal court Judge who was an EMT told me they're not legal for police, either... so at that point, i really dont care
ctappan94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2011, 10:03 AM   #5
mylt1

use in a police car is a LOT different than using them in your personal car. also when installed in a PD car they are bypassed when the headlights are on or if its a 4 light system then they only flash the high beams when the low beams are on. once they switch on there high beams the wig-wags switch off. your "judge" is mistaken. they are legal for PD. whats legal for PD and EMS/FD is spelled out in state code and is easy to find on line. enjoy your fine and having to take them off when you get popped for illegal lights on your personal vehicle.
mylt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.