electric fans! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > electric fans!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-24-2001, 07:41 AM   #1
I-4

electric fans!

has anyone attempted to put an electric fan on a 4 popper?my fan clutch is dying a slow noisy death.i want to completely lose the stock fan-go with all electric.are their any horror stories?i know flex-a-lite makes a kit that bolts right up to these wranglers.thanks for your help.

Unread 09-24-2001, 08:37 AM   #2
Pantera

Actually, that was next on my list of mods... I've decided on the Flex-A-Lite Wrangler kit... But, it's prolly gonna hafta wait a bit... I just moved and the wife has me rearranging furniture on an hourly basis... I'll let you know how it goes, unless you beat me to it... In that case, you let me know how it goes...
Pantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2001, 04:03 PM   #3
I-4

have you priced them yet?they are mighty proud of them!the cheapest i found in texas was at autozone for $250.(yes, for the flex-a-lite pn 475)let me know if you come across anywhere cheaper.
Unread 09-25-2001, 08:22 AM   #4
Pantera

Roger Wilco...
Unread 09-25-2001, 09:55 AM   #5
Pantera

Summit Equipment has it for $199... Search for manufacturer's part number: FLX-475...
Unread 09-25-2001, 02:25 PM   #6
I-4

you're a good man pantera.my wife also thanks you for saving us some money.if she hears about one mor mod...
Unread 09-25-2001, 02:40 PM   #7
Pantera

LOL!!! Glad I could help...
Unread 09-25-2001, 03:19 PM   #8
I-4

i've got three projects going now.the hub assembly,the fans,and now i've got president bush's refund i'm in the process of (hopefully)finishing a deal for a hard top w/ full doors.keep your fingers crossed.
Unread 09-26-2001, 08:40 AM   #9
Pantera

Awww, man... I need a HT BAD... This winter is going to be BRUTAL!!!
Unread 09-26-2001, 04:59 PM   #10
I-4

the ht deal dried up. i'm gonna do a new soft top.mine looks like rats got a hold of it.
Unread 09-26-2001, 09:43 PM   #11
Pantera

I saw a couple on eBay earlier today...
Unread 10-09-2001, 12:09 PM   #12
JEEP_TJ_FREAK

ive got one pretty easy install if you have AC your goning to need 1500+ cfm through radiator flow. i think mine is about 1200 cfm and everthing is great but on hot days i start getting a little hot and AC quits out on me. im considering going to 2 fans.

i think mine was $80 at pepboys but you can also get OE electric fans from buick sedans they fit pretty well and have good output though im not sure on the spec.

the greatest part is ditching that damn shroud, i could have 4 optimas up there if i wanted.
---------------
2000 WJ Limited 4.7 Q-drive for daily use, bone stock.
JEEP_TJ_FREAK is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.