Eagle Rim model/cleaning questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Eagle Rim model/cleaning questions

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-01-2011, 05:54 PM   #1
Rubes
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Eagle Rim model/cleaning questions

Hi, all...bought this TJ over the summer and have a couple questions about the rims.

Anyone know which model number this is (see below)? I've checked out aewheel <dot> com and found it's close to series 101 (14 hole), but mine have the 18 bolt heads on the edge of the rim.

I want to replace the center caps -- 2 of them are cracked. I believe it is a 15x8. How do I know which size center cap to look for?

Finally, there is a lot of corrosion on 4 of them. It appears to break off easily if I lightly scrape. How should I clean/polish it? It appears to be circa 2004 (year of the TJ) and they'res a lot of corrosion around the lug areas.

Thanks in advance! (Sorry for the picture size).

tj10.jpg  
Rubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2011, 07:12 PM   #2
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

IMHO Don't use wax, as tempting as it is. I did on my Bajas and the wax burnt on and stained the rims. Mcguires makes a good wheel cleaner.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2011, 08:46 AM   #3
Rubes
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
IMHO Don't use wax, as tempting as it is. I did on my Bajas and the wax burnt on and stained the rims. Mcguires makes a good wheel cleaner.
OOPS! Too late...I applied Liquid Glass on the spare last weekend.

Does McGuires remove the corrosion? Just wondering how people remove corrosion from the alloys, then treat. Like I said, I lightly used a 1-inch wide putty knife/scraper and corrosion fell off. It didn't scratch much at all. I'm not ready yet to paint them.
Unread 11-03-2011, 08:47 AM   #4
Rubes
2004 TJ Wrangler 

XX Bump...Buehler?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.