Don't buy from DaveysJeeps in Salem, OH - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Don't buy from DaveysJeeps in Salem, OH

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-16-2014, 10:15 AM   #1
daryl50
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Don't buy from DaveysJeeps in Salem, OH

The thing about these reviews is, most of the good ones are written by somebody inside the business--PR in large businesses, owners of small businesses, etc. And a lot of sites allow businesses to pay their way out of bad reviews (look up BBB i.e.) Always pay attention to the bad reviews, they are the honest ones. So I usually don't bother writing reviews, but this deserves it. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH DAVEYS JEEPS! They are lazy and dishonest. They shipped me the wrong drive shafts for my Jeep, something that shouldn't be happening in the first place. Then when I call, they won't talk to me. They just say repetitively, "Email pics and measurements". I email pics and measurements and then they try telling me my drive shafts aren't stock so of course the ones they sent me don't fit. How stupid of them, they have the OEM sticker on them. Once they find that out, they stop replying to my emails. So, I call them. They refuse to refund my money or to ship the parts back, saying they have a strict NO RETURNS policy. Makes sense, if they had been the right parts! Now they won't talk to me, won't refund my money, and won't take the parts back! They don't know what they are doing (I should have known that just by looking at their crude website) and will steal your money. I have filed a dispute with my bank for the charge and want to save everyone from dealing with these crooks.

daryl50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2014, 04:32 PM   #2
jscherb
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Sorry you had a bad experience. I've done business with Davey's multiple times over the past few years and always found Davey to be very helpful and also willing to accommodate my special needs. I will gladly do business with them again if the need arises. In my cases, I've always been very specific about what I needed, and went in person to pick out the particular part I wanted from the several available, so maybe that's the best way to do business with them.

jeff

Visit my Jeep Projects site for info on my custom Jeep projects:
  • Retro Wrangler pickup
  • Gaucho CJ pickup
  • Safari Cab custom modular hardtop
  • Fiberglass Jeep-tub trailer kit
  • CJ Grille Conversion Kit for the TJ/LJ
  • Fiberglass Military Replica Trailer Kit
jscherb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2014, 09:00 PM   #3
billiebob
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Daryl,

First thing i do after reading a post like yours is look at your profile to find out who you are and how to help. If all you want to do is slag a business you had a bad experience with,,, Shut up!! If you actually want help resolving an issue... tell us who you are and fill out your profile.

Do you even own a Jeep ??????
Unread 06-16-2014, 10:08 PM   #4
daryl50
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiebob
Daryl, First thing i do after reading a post like yours is look at your profile to find out who you are and how to help. If all you want to do is slag a business you had a bad experience with,,, Shut up!! If you actually want help resolving an issue... tell us who you are and fill out your profile. Do you even own a Jeep ??????
First off, your name is billiebob. Second off, on my phone it shows that my profile is just as filled out as yours, except yours shows you're married and mine doesn't. So maybe it doesn't display on my phone like you expect it to. Or maybe you displaying that you're married means you drive a jeep? All you'd have to do is look at my profile and then look at my threads and comments to know what jeep I drive.

Now if you're trying to discount my opinion because I had a bad experience with a business, what makes you think your opinion holds any validity? Unless you work for DaveysJeeps then I don't know what kind of "help" you're hoping to offer. Maybe you work for my bank and you're going to process my dispute? I mean, I appreciate your deep desire for heroism, but I was the one trying to help others avoid the same mistake I did. I wasn't looking for any so-called "help". Thanks though champ.
Unread 06-16-2014, 10:13 PM   #5
daryl50
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscherb
Sorry you had a bad experience. I've done business with Davey's multiple times over the past few years and always found Davey to be very helpful and also willing to accommodate my special needs. I will gladly do business with them again if the need arises. In my cases, I've always been very specific about what I needed, and went in person to pick out the particular part I wanted from the several available, so maybe that's the best way to do business with them. jeff
You're probably right. I'm sure this problem wouldn't happen in person. I had to order by phone since I'm in Utah, so that's where the problems occurred. I'm glad others haven't experienced this (although I posted this on a Utah jeep forum and heard from I there's they had bad experiences as well.). I guess those local in Ohio will probably love Daveys and I don't blame them for it. What upsets me though is that I can't get an honest dealing with Davey. I even offered to split the loss with him and he wouldn't. I've never had a wrong part sent to me and then had someone refuse to even hear about it, claiming that they could not possibly have any fault in the matter.
Unread 06-17-2014, 12:12 PM   #6
billiebob
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I don't know Daryl, maybe its a Jeep Forum issue but yer profile...
DARYL50'S JEEP
User Has Not Filled Out Jeep Information.

I might have been a bit sarcastic but you were a bit over the top too. There are lots of favourable posts about DaveysJeep on Jeep Forum.
Unread 06-17-2014, 01:03 PM   #7
DAVEYSJEEPS

Hi, this davey. This is what went down. Customer emailed in his request like thousands of jeepers do. He requested parts for his 2005 wrangler 4.0, auto. He never specified rubicon. We sent him his parts as soon as the order was taken. He gets the shafts and said they were wrong. We replied and said to send a photo and measurements. He did. I instantly see that he had rubicon shafts sitting beside my tj shafts. He called and we told him to ship them back and we would exchange them as a courtesy since he did not request rubicon shafts. He said no, how about i have my driveline shop purchase the wrong shafts and we split the loss. I said, no deal. Send them back and we will exchange them. I think we tried to help the customer out. He thinks not. Thanks for listening jeepers. Davey
DAVEYSJEEPS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2014, 02:45 PM   #8
daryl50
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVEYSJEEPS
Hi, this davey. This is what went down. Customer emailed in his request like thousands of jeepers do. He requested parts for his 2005 wrangler 4.0, auto. He never specified rubicon. We sent him his parts as soon as the order was taken. He gets the shafts and said they were wrong. We replied and said to send a photo and measurements. He did. I instantly see that he had rubicon shafts sitting beside my tj shafts. He called and we told him to ship them back and we would exchange them as a courtesy since he did not request rubicon shafts. He said no, how about i have my driveline shop purchase the wrong shafts and we split the loss. I said, no deal. Send them back and we will exchange them. I think we tried to help the customer out. He thinks not. Thanks for listening jeepers. Davey
Pretty close, only things I would change are that I did mention it was a rubicon. You claim I didn't. And that you shouldn't ever ship parts without knowing what vehicle they're for. And that is correct, I am not paying to ship them back for two reasons. One is because I didn't send myself the wrong driveshafts. Two is because it already took 7 business days for them to arrive when I was told 3-5. I can't wait for two weeks for parts for my DD.
Unread 06-17-2014, 03:21 PM   #9
_KONG_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl50 View Post
Pretty close, only things I would change are that I did mention it was a rubicon. You claim I didn't. And that you shouldn't ever ship parts without knowing what vehicle they're for. And that is correct, I am not paying to ship them back for two reasons. One is because I didn't send myself the wrong driveshafts. Two is because it already took 7 business days for them to arrive when I was told 3-5. I can't wait for two weeks for parts for my DD.
How did you mention it was a Rubicon if you said yourself there was no place to specify the trim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl50 View Post
Daveys Jeeps sent me the wrong drive shafts for my Jeep and refuses to refund my money. They claim that it is due to the difference in trims in the Wrangler (fair enough, but....), which is not something they ask at any point during the buying process. That's right, a parts dealer that doesn't bother asking what trim you have. I have complied with their demands to send pictures and measurements and they have tried to blame the problem on me, telling me that the drive shafts I had in there aren't stock. However, they still have the OEM sticker on them. I even offered to split the loss with them since I could maybe get some money for the parts they sent me, they refused. I have all the email correspondence to prove this. I know this is an old thread, but I just hope to help someone NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!
_KONG_ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2014, 03:49 PM   #10
daryl50
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry, that's confusing. I Should have made it more clear. I originally emailed them to see if they had the transmission for my jeep, which I did not specify Rubicon at the time via email. Then when I actually ordered the transmission, I called and gave my credit card and at that time asked if they had the drive shafts as well for my Jeep. That would be when I specified Rubicon because the transmission shop told me to make sure I did because they didn't know how specific the different years/trims were. Davey claims I never did, even though the order was placed with a woman, not him. Which surprises me that he would deny that, meaning that they never even ask what trim you have when ordering parts. Hopefully that clears things up.
Unread 06-17-2014, 03:57 PM   #11
daryl50
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVEYSJEEPS
We replied and said to send a photo and measurements. He did. I instantly see that he had rubicon shafts sitting beside my tj shafts.
Davey, you didn't notice that, you argued with me that I had aftermarket drive shafts. It took me pointing out the OEM sticker on them and me reiterating it was a rubicon before you accepted that I wasn't messed up thinking I had stock shafts when I didn't. They are stock TJ shafts as well, from a Rubicon. That was another thing that was hard for me, was you telling me Rubicons aren't Wranglers, they are a totally different model. Most parts dealers know that it is a Wrangler, and they ask what trim you have to ensure you get the right part.
Unread 06-17-2014, 05:23 PM   #12
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

... considering the high level of DaveysJeeps loyality shown here, I'm just waiting to see how long, if ever, daryl stops trying to prove he's right, chalks it up to a misunderstanding, and moves on. I'm thinking we could be here a while, forever maybe.
Unread 06-17-2014, 05:48 PM   #13
TJ4Jim
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I've been a Daveys Jeeps customer for years and will continue to be one.
TJ4Jim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
parts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.