does a Longbed Comanche have good off road capability? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 12-22-2011, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
steffenhagen
2003 TJ Wrangler 

does a Longbed Comanche have good off road capability?

I bought a 1990 longbed Comanche a few months ago and I've been liking it, I haven't gotten around to off roading yet, which is pretty much what I bought it for, but hopefully I'll get a chance to take it pretty soon.

Anyways, all my friends with off road rigs are telling me my comanche won't have any off road capability due to it's long wheelbase. it's only 119.5 inches, is that too long for a good off road rig? or will it do fine?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-22-2011, 12:01 PM
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffenhagen View Post
I bought a 1990 longbed Comanche a few months ago and I've been liking it, I haven't gotten around to off roading yet, which is pretty much what I bought it for, but hopefully I'll get a chance to take it pretty soon.

Anyways, all my friends with off road rigs are telling me my comanche won't have any off road capability due to it's long wheelbase. it's only 119.5 inches, is that too long for a good off road rig? or will it do fine?
Depends on where you wheel. Long wheel base can be an advantage some places and a disadvantage others.

Your approach, departure and break over won’t be what they are with a wrangler.
I wouldn’t stress it. If it does continue to bother you can drop it off at my place.

01 TJ, 34 Super Swaper 34x10.5 bias, Winch, locked, belly up, some armor, 4.0, 5spd

Tags
comanche , long wheelbase , off road , off-road , wheelbase

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.