Do not buy the Bestop Safari Bikini Top - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Do not buy the Bestop Safari Bikini Top

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-30-2012, 07:29 AM   #16
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

A single post bashing the most reputable soft top manufacturer. How can you get the straps so tight they indent the metal will bar? Anybody think we'll see a similar post about Rampage, then Pavement ends? At least I got a laugh out of this.

JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 07:42 AM   #17
Billy
Unlimited Ammo

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy View Post
No flappy.
That's a lie. It flaps. Bot not enough to make me want to write a thread about it...

Twitter @dutchoven86
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 07:52 AM   #18
Billy
Unlimited Ammo

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
Or he will tell us the D35 was the best axle ever put under a Jeep
it's not?

Twitter @dutchoven86
Unread 04-30-2012, 09:41 AM   #19
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

We can stop now. This is the 20th post in the thread and the OP is long gone. We're preaching to the choir.
Unread 05-22-2014, 11:54 AM   #20
Sovereign

Thanks!

Although many of the posts here call the OP out for being incompetent or worse, I appreciate those who jumped in and gave the solution to the OP's issue. I inherited my Bestop Bikini from a co-worker and never got any instructions about looping the strap around the seatbelt bolt. I can't wait to put this fix in place! Thanks to all who posted pics as well.
Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2014, 08:57 PM   #21
JMark
1988 YJ Wrangler 

You mean there's instructions for a Bestop Bikini? Dang, I guess I must have been using it wrong for the last ten years, since I never saw any instructions. That probably explains why I've been so pleased with the thing. Ignorance is bliss, I guess....
JMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2014, 12:40 AM   #22
plumber1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy View Post
That's a lie. It flaps. Bot not enough to make me want to write a thread about it...

I am assuming he meant BUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnifong View Post
We purchased the Bestop BikiniŽ Tops - Safari Style top last year. We have had nothing but issues with this top. I wrote to them for help on the issue asking them… How much should the safari bikini top be flapping. I understand a slight amount of flapping, but it is so bad that it is almost hitting my 7 year old in the backseat. It flaps to the point that I no longer want to use it. I have tightened the straps down to the point they make indentions in the bars. Is there any suggestions that can be given to make the flapping less?

The response I get is two lines saying yes it flaps and we apologize.

So I am buying another bikini top and it will NOT be from Bestop. This evening one of the straps actually came off and my son (on his 8th birthday) was scared out of his mind!!!!!!

DON’T BY FROM BESTOP!!!!!!!!

I am assuming he meant BUY

Not that I am a spelling exprt lol

White Jeep Club #224
plumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2014, 12:43 AM   #23
Billy
Unlimited Ammo

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumber1 View Post
I am assuming he meant BUT

I am assuming he meant BUY

Not that I am a spelling exprt lol
Damn those two year old posts...they always come back to get ya. Nothing is safe on the internet. Not evan spelling.

Twitter @dutchoven86
Unread 05-23-2014, 01:19 AM   #24
AngryRedBird

True two year old post can return to haunt you.. but the fact still remains.. Bestop is still having issues with there tops and door along with other products.. reasoning.. lack of quality control.

Here is just one of the issues I faced upon installing the bikini and I was very fortunate to have some skill in the sewing aspect..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f95/c...l#post23018585
AngryRedBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2014, 07:42 AM   #25
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I also have had problems with this top.
The back straps are nearly impossible to keep tight.
I have not had problems with it driving around but when it is on the trailer the straps were coming loose all the time.
I ended up putting sheet metal screws through the buckle into the cage.
I have had 3 different safari type tops.
I never had issues with them coming loose but they all had the rear straps that attached down where the soft top attaches.

Tags
bestop , bikini top , safari top

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.