Do I need Adj track bar and offset ball joint? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Do I need Adj track bar and offset ball joint?

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Magnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High Clearan

Unread 10-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #1
rnorquay
2007 JK Wrangler 

Do I need Adj track bar and offset ball joint?

Advice needed please!
I have a 2008 Rubicon (Stock). The front lower control arm recently broke at its wield and bent after hitting a speed bump at speed so I upgraded to Rustysoffroad stronger mounts. I took it to 4-Wheel Parts in Austin to get wielded on. When I picked it up I noticed they wielded the mounts under the axle whereas the original were wielded on top! Is this correct?
They also tell me that I need an adj track bar and adj lower offset ball joint and a steering stabilizer. Why do I need all these on a stock Jeep? Also I'm now getting really bad steering wobble at 50mph
Thanks

rnorquay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #2
WhiteMtnJeep
The Punk Made My Day.....

2003 TJ Wrangler 

First question I would be asking is why they didn't weld it back in the original location. A stock Jeep shouldn't need any modified parts. Also, if you have a shimmy at 50mph that you didn't have before the alignment may be off now. I would make them correct what they did. Just because it's 4-Wheel Parts doesn't mean they did it correctly.

And, FWIW, Don't let them sell you on the "bad steering stabilizer" crap. A bad SS does NOT cause wobbles in the steering. It has been documented and proven many times over.

If the 4WP location won't do right by you, go up the ladder.

Journeyman Polyphase Meterman IBEW Local 387

Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than for man.

http://www.treadlightly.org/

Siena Jeep Owner's Member 25

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-

()_) ()_)-O-)_)
WhiteMtnJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.