Discussion on Lift Installation Tips - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Discussion on Lift Installation Tips

Visit 1aauto.com For ShockTober Deals on Monroe shocks andAdvance Adapters SYE KitsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 06-06-2013, 04:23 PM   #106
Chstock
1984 CJ7 

question for you guys: if i install a 4" lift will i be safe to drive at speeds of 55+?

Chstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #107
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chstock View Post
question for you guys: if i install a 4" lift will i be safe to drive at speeds of 55+?
depends on the lift, the quality of the install and the fitness of the rest of your jeep.

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 12:13 PM   #108
JimRico
1976 CJ7 

I just put a set of axles with skyjacker lift already on them. My rig is a 76 CJ7 and as far as I can tell the axles are from a 78. Had a few other advantages like disk up front and 3.54's so I can get down the highway. The problem is it came with a sway bar and on my 76 there's no place to mount it. I suppose I need to weld a cross brace in but don't want it to interfere with the steering stabilizer mount I have to install also. Any suggestion or pics on how it's done.

Thanks Jim

Do it right the first time
dscn1184.jpg

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.