Detroit Locker question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Detroit Locker question

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 01-02-2006, 02:30 PM   #1
tomchurch

Detroit Locker question

Looking to put a locker on a new project and I have never had a truck with a locker before. I plan on driving the truck on the road but not very often...usually only to get to a local trail or the occasional drive around town...

I'm wondering if the detroit locker is really horrible on road...if so what would be better at a reasonable price? I've been looking at the ARB and OX lockers but they are a lot more expensive...

Tom

tomchurch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2006, 02:49 PM   #2
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

My daily driver TJ has a Detroit Locker in the rear and it's fine. With over 100K miles on it, I have never regretted installing it. Only occasionally does it "remind" you of its presence with a bit of a lurch or bang as it unloads. Those make it sound worse than it really is though.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.
Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2006, 07:25 PM   #3
GrimJeeper91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I have had a detriot locker in my daily driver for five years. It's actually much quieter and well behaved then I was expecting. It hasn't even grenaded my D35 yet either. No regrets at all!
'91 YJ 4.O, Auto, Rr. D60 w/ 35 Spline Alloy USA Axles & Detriot Locker, Fr. D30 True-Trac, 4.56's, 4.5" Deaver Springs, Bilstein 5100's, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's on MT classic II's, Detroit Locker, Vanco Big Brakes, Booster & Master, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE & TW's DS's, Teraflex Belly Up, Rocker Guards...
GrimJeeper91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.