Denso for OBA? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Denso for OBA?

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-06-2014, 06:54 PM   #1
Soundy
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Denso for OBA?

Anyone done an OBA setup with a Denso A/C compressor?

I picked up a used setup from a ZJ that was being parted out - Denso 10PA17C compressor and VIAIR tank, whole thing is pretty much ready to go, just have to bolt it in, wire it up, and run a belt around it.

What I'm wondering is if anyone has experience with the need (or not) to oil this unit. I know some compressors that are used have their own oil sump and don't require regular oiling, and I found at least one post somewhere (can't find the link now) where the poster said he squirted a little oil into his and never had to worry about it again.

Of course, that's not something I want to gamble on, but I don't see the point in putting in the extra expense and complexity of adding an oil injector and filter if I don't need to. So hoping someone might already have experience with this unit.

Would be better, of course, if I could find a service manual for this thing... no luck there so far.

Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2014, 04:11 PM   #2
PERK
1983 CJ7 

I run a Sanden. I add a little slick 50 every year and have been for 10 years.
PERK is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.