Death Wobble and front end components - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Death Wobble and front end components

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 10-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #1
WillysJeep22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Death Wobble and front end components

Hello, I have recently diagnosed my death wobble problem to being caused by a worn track bar. I will also replace my ball joints. I also plan of giving my jeep a 2 to 3 inch lift with 31 inch tires. My questions are what is a good track bar that will be compatible with a lift and reliable without breaking the bank, and also while I'm down there, is there anything else I should replace/upgrade to allow a lift? I only plan on doing very light offroading, mostly just wooded trails.

Thank you for your advice,
Will

WillysJeep22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
WhiteMtnJeep
The Punk Made My Day.....

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Do a spring lift with new shocks. You'll be more satisfied with that over a budget boost (spacer lift). At 2-3" the only other item you would need are extended sway bar links to keep the sway bars in the proper position. If you install it yourself make sure you loosen all the control arm bolts before the install and properly tighten them after. That will keep you from stressing the control arm bushings. Also get an alignment immediately afterwards.

As for a trackbar I hear good things about Metalcloak. There is also a thread in the TJ tech forum titled something like "Trackbar - does your hit or miss". Lots of info there.

Journeyman Polyphase Meterman IBEW Local 387

Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than for man.

http://www.treadlightly.org/

Siena Jeep Owner's Member 25

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-

()_) ()_)-O-)_)
WhiteMtnJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.