DC/NOVA/MD Nitro refill - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > DC/NOVA/MD Nitro refill

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-20-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
princesse
2004 TJ Wrangler 

DC/NOVA/MD Nitro refill

I'm new to the NOVA/DC area (live in Alexandria) and have been calling multiple places to see where I can get my shocks refilled with nitrogen, but nowhere that I called will do it. They say they do tires but not shocks, or just don't do it at all. Does anyone know somewhere that I can?

princesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 08:13 AM   #2
jeff_in_rc
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Check with some of your local motorcycle shops as the shocks on bikes also use nitrogen and if the shop rebuilds them they will have the proper guages.

Make that dirt bikes, not street bikes, sorry if I messed you up.

Last edited by jeff_in_rc; 09-21-2012 at 08:30 AM.. Reason: clarification
jeff_in_rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 08:20 PM   #3
princesse
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Called all the ones in my area - they apparently ship them out to NC or Cali to get them refilled... OMG... No wonder there is a lack of built jeeps up here... =(
Maybe there will be some down near Richmond *hopeful*
Unread 10-13-2012, 08:27 AM   #4
jeff_in_rc
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Well heres a thought, if you could afford to buy the tank and guages to do it yourself. Then you could do the shocks of others and make some money.
Unread 10-14-2012, 08:38 AM   #5
princesse
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I considered that, but that's a couple pay checks away =/

However, I did find a place closer than NC and CA!! Its just north of Richmond that will fill Nitro Shocks for $15 a piece if you mail them in. $90/hr if you take your vehicle in and they need to remove the shocks themselves - about an hour each, they said. The place is Independent4x - read some good things about these guys so I'll let you know how it all turns out.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to remove my shocks myself and send 'em down - they're only open week days and I can't really take a day off to go down, not to mention I don't really want to drop $230 when my bilsteins are going to show up by the end of the month. Just trying to pass inspection at this point lol
Unread 10-15-2012, 08:30 AM   #6
jeff_in_rc
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey that is some good news, yea I would pull them, ship them off, and put them back on and be done with it. Glad you found a place to fill them for ya!
Unread 10-18-2012, 07:58 AM   #7
Dans65
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Have you tried a local speed shops, if you want to try to find a closer location?

Try:

AA/Speed & Customs in Lorton, Va.
(703)494-4330
Open: 9:30am - 5:30pm

Dan is the owner/operator and he works on my rides, and he's been in this area working on Hot Rods (current & classic) and Jeeps for over 25 years. He might be able to help you or find someone who can. Good luck!
Dan
Dans65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nitro shocks , shocks

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.