Dana 44 hub conversion - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Dana 44 hub conversion

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 09-26-2005, 06:24 PM   #1
JOKER4INK
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Dana 44 hub conversion

I need to start tearing down my Dana 44's from my 88 Grand Wagoneer soon. Right now, the front has automatic hubs. I want to put the manual locking hubs in in. My question is should I buy a new kit for the hub conversion, or should I try to get the parts off another 44? What should I get to do the conversion also?

Unread 09-26-2005, 06:53 PM   #2
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Both Warn and Milemarker make manual hubs for that axle but I'd go for the Warn brand. I did a conversion on my TJ to Warn manual hubs and it wasn't difficult. If you have tools and aren't afraid to get greasy, you could probably do the conversion without much problem. Their kits include excellent instructions.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2005, 12:23 PM   #3
E_ROCK
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKER4INK
I need to start tearing down my Dana 44's from my 88 Grand Wagoneer soon. Right now, the front has automatic hubs. I want to put the manual locking hubs in in. My question is should I buy a new kit for the hub conversion, or should I try to get the parts off another 44? What should I get to do the conversion also?
You can do either. Junk yard a ford set or buy the warn. I picked buy new ones since they are only 80 bucks. Just a helpful tip with the Warns. Sometimes the snap ring that goes on the end of the axle shaft will not fit. Warn says it is okay to run without it, but it is in tiny letters at the bottom of the instructions.

www.rockfrogs.org

Last edited by E_ROCK; 09-29-2005 at 09:35 AM..
E_ROCK is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.