post #16 of Old 04-19-2012, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
KenleyR
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joechrom View Post
I hang my doors as well

3rd jeep. Never had any problems with the doors.
I like it, I take it you have the mirrors off the doors? i was going to put my paint facing the wall so my 2 year old doesn't hit them but the mirrors got in the way. I'm planning on getting some small blanket or cloth of some kind to protect the outside of them. I just cant imagine a huge company like Chrysler who builds tough Jeeps would have a piss pour weld on a door. But hey people claim it does mess it up. Doesn't seem like worse wear and tear than normal everyday use or even if they were leaning on the wall or something. That would still put stress on the same point. So how were these doors designed to be stored when removed??? I still would like to see proof a door in perfect condition being hung with weight evenly distributed will crack a weld. It just seems people that have said it cracks a weld maybe its a old jeep that wasnt taken care of so could have been abused idk... time will tell

post #17 of Old 04-22-2012, 09:52 AM
scavanau
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdm View Post
I feel for the window frame welds. We will be holding a memorial service for them in the near future unless you support the bottom of the doors. You can do something as simple as running a strap that goes over the hooks and under the door. Tighten up the strap enough to support most of the door's weight so the welds aren't doing it.
The welds face more stress every time you slam the door shut than they do hanging squarely and stationary on the wall
post #18 of Old 04-17-2013, 04:04 PM
wwwCARSSUCKcom
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Reviving an old thread with my new wall hangers for my doors, windows and soft top.

I posted a video of them at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAuJ9...ature=youtu.be
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Doors & Top Wall Hangers.jpg  
post #19 of Old 04-19-2013, 08:53 AM
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

1987 MJ Comanche 

OP, I like it but with where you mounted it the jeep will have to be pulled out of the garage to access the doors. That is the only part that I would not like.

06 WK 5.7 Hemi Overland
87 MJ Chief 57k original miles... getting built in the backyard.
post #20 of Old 06-08-2013, 04:39 AM Thread Starter
KenleyR
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
OP, I like it but with where you mounted it the jeep will have to be pulled out of the garage to access the doors. That is the only part that I would not like.
No I was able to unhook them and walk out of the garage and spin the door and put it on.. My garage is like barley big enough for two vehicles, I have a jeep and a dodge journey in there so that's why my jeep is parked so close. It is tight and I do hit my shoulder on them occasionally.. But that's the space I get. Lol

______
(OlllllO)
04' Columiba Edition
'X' 4.0L

Tags
custom , door , hanger , storage