Currie Antirock angle TJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Currie Antirock angle TJ

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Artec JK Under Armor BellypanEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 06-09-2014, 12:54 PM   #1
06-TJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Currie Antirock angle TJ

I just bought an antirock for the front, but need help on how to properly set the angle. I have a 3" RCD suspension lift, 1.25" body lift, 1" mml, and 33" tires... I just don't want to set it up wrong and want the opinion of someone who already has one. Thanks guys and jeep on!

06-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2014, 01:02 PM   #2
LeeMasterGT
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I believe there's a Currie recommendation somewhere? But I would think the typical is 10-15 degrees up on the rear of the arms.
Unread 06-09-2014, 01:18 PM   #3
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeMasterGT View Post
I believe there's a Currie recommendation somewhere? But I would think the typical is 10-15 degrees up on the rear of the arms.
This is typical setup. There are arguably theoretical differences in performance based on the angle but they are realistically differences that don't make a difference. As long as the arms don't invert when axle sags or hit fenders when axle stuffs then it will be fine.
Unread 06-09-2014, 01:23 PM   #4
06-TJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

@biffgnar @LeeMasterGT, thanks guys. I've heard that 10-15 degress is the way to go I just wanted to make sure and get the best possible performance out of this product I can... I'm going to set it up now and see what happens... Thanks!
Unread 06-10-2014, 02:11 AM   #5
TJDaveX
Motorized Toy Collector

2004 TJ Wrangler 

FWIW, I have 3" springs. The body lift is not a factor for Antirock set up.
I adjusted the included links as short as they would go.
TJDaveX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2014, 06:39 PM   #6
06-TJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

@TJdaveX thanks for the tip....I set mine up as short as they can go. From the inside of each jam nut I measured a tad over 5in. Have them in the middle setting. Around a 15 degree angle to the frame. (My phone won't let me add a pic). Thanks again. Im anxious to use it at the bantam heritage festival in butler PA this weekend!
Unread 06-12-2014, 12:09 PM   #7
rouxbicon
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDaveX View Post
FWIW, I have 3" springs. The body lift is not a factor for Antirock set up.
I have no hands-on experience with an Antirock, but won't the body lift give additional clearance between the Antirock arm and the fender on the upstroke? So you could run the links an inch or nearly so longer than without a body lift.
Unread 06-13-2014, 07:03 AM   #8
jjvw
Hipster Jeep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouxbicon View Post

I have no hands-on experience with an Antirock, but won't the body lift give additional clearance between the Antirock arm and the fender on the upstroke? So you could run the links an inch or nearly so longer than without a body lift.
Correct. It's the same idea as fitting a slightly larger tire using a body lift. If the arms were to hit the body, I'm pretty sure it would be the front lip of the fender. The BL moves that further away and allows one to cheat a bit on the clearances.

I recently installed an Antirock with 2" of spring lift plus an 1.25" BL. On mine, I still cut 3/4" off of each end of my links, totaling 1.5" just to be safe and to put the arms where they should be. This is why people say that a BL doesn't factor in to the installation, because a BL isn't needed if the links are an appropriate length.

Unread 06-13-2014, 02:05 PM   #9
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

The arms should be at 0 degrees when the suspension is in the middle of its travel.

John Currie talks about this here:

http://www.currieenterprises.com/cestore/antirock.aspx

(about 3/4 the way through the video is where the reference to arm angle is)
Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.