could use some help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > could use some help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 10-05-2011, 07:17 PM   #1
jakeburgess
2006 TJ Wrangler 

could use some help

Hey Guys

Im new to jeepforum and im hoping im posting this in the right place. Anyway I just bought my first jeep. its a 06 tj sport with a 4.0. I was hoping to put in a lift. Im going to put in 3" aev coils and some 33in tires. I will also be buying rims. Any recommendations on tire width and what kind and size bump stops to put in to limit rubbing. I was also thing about some wheel spacers. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

jakeburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2011, 03:57 PM   #2
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeburgess View Post
Hey Guys

Im new to jeepforum and im hoping im posting this in the right place. Anyway I just bought my first jeep. its a 06 tj sport with a 4.0. I was hoping to put in a lift. Im going to put in 3" aev coils and some 33in tires. I will also be buying rims. Any recommendations on tire width and what kind and size bump stops to put in to limit rubbing. I was also thing about some wheel spacers. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
First, welcome to the fun side. Second, I'd spend time using search and looking through the TJ forum. They will have all the info there as well as a thread showing how different Jeeps look with a variety of lifts and tires on them.

I'll answer some of your questions here, but I'd recommend still looking in the TJ forum.

Width of 33's, I'd stick w/ the 12.5, but it depends more on what you wheel in or if you will be at all. Some people love the doughnut look to the narrow tire. Your lift should come w/ bump stop add-ons. I'd also look into a 1" body lift, as that adds a little extra space. As for wheel spacers, I'd avoid them if you can and since you're buying rims, just buy ones w/ the proper back spacing so it's not required. I'm not opposed to spacers, though it does present another point of failure that you don't want to deal with.

Just my .02.. Enjoy the Jeep!

'88 YJ, 33's, auto, 4.2L. Many pieces waiting to be put in!
XabuJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2012, 02:10 PM   #3
jakeburgess
2006 TJ Wrangler 

thanks for the advice. i got a 3' bds lift and its now sitting on 33 inch duratracs. pic coming soon
jakeburgess is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.