Comeup Winches - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Comeup Winches

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-19-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
tcmault

Comeup Winches

Does anyone run these?

http://www.comeupwinch.com/

Here is a blurb I found about them. I have never heard of them, but they sound interesting. I especially like the built in wireless option.

You may not recognize the brand name, but ComeUp winches have been been in the US for quite a while. They have been exclusively re-branded and sold under another major US winch companies brand name. We have been running these winches for 7-8 years now - and many of you have too.

Now they are here under their own brand name and we are stoked! They also brought over their Seal line of winches which are a step up on the DV's that were being re-branded.

ComeUp is based just outside of Portland Oregon - with full service and repair being done at their facility. (This is ComeUp, NOT an importer middle man)
ComeUp Seal 9.5RSi:
- Fully Seal'd and submersible
- 9,500#'s capcity
- 100' of Synthetic Line & Aluminum Fairlead
- External Brake system - Heat dissipates outside the drum(great for synthetic lines)
- Wireless Remote Control Built In
- Thermal Overload Indicator
- One of the Lowest Amp draws

I have to say their DV-9 looks a lot like the Superwinch ep9.0.

Unread 08-20-2012, 08:50 PM   #2
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

These and Superwinch are made by the same company....in China.

They might service these in the USA, but they are made in China. Not making an arguement of that, just saying. I researched them a bit when Rokmen announced that they would be using them on their Jeeps. Seemed like an easy swap for them since they previously supported Superwinch.

They look like nice winches at awesome prices!!!
TXST8tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 09:15 PM   #3
tcmault

Yeah, I hope they turn out to be pretty good winches. I have been running a Superwinch EP which is one of the ones this company makes and it has always worked. That's all I can ask.
Unread 08-27-2012, 07:54 PM   #4
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

The Rokmen guys are very high on them so they must work well.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 06:41 PM   #5
CaveyDM
Yup

2006 LJ Wrangler 

COMEUP line of winch's

Anyone have anything new on the COMEUP line of winch's? I was looking at http://www.rokmen.com/all-products-1...y/winches.html and the line they had advertised. I have never seen anything negative about this company or the product line they choose to support. That usually tends to go a ways in my book especialy with a shop that is largely dedicated to do it yourself type folks.

Any new opinions/experience with them?

2006 2DR LJ RUBICON UNLIMITED / Old Man Emu (OME) 2.5" HD Lift / ARB Quadratec Edition Front Stubby / LOD Signature Series Rear Bumper & T/C

HAMMER: Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the object we are trying to hit.
CaveyDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #6
tcmault

Here is the biggest discussion I have seen on them.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...Comeup-Winches
Unread 03-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #7
OR-TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Never heard of them and wilsonville is about 8 miles away from me. It says on their website they just made the oregon office in 2012. They are a Chinese company.
OR-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #8
Scuba Jeepster
Off-Road Solutions

1997 TJ Wrangler 

These are excellent winches, I run one and have sold numerous ones to customers. These are top quality priced right for a hi-end winch.

Scuba Jeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 08:39 PM   #9
Ratmeat
1989 YJ Wrangler 

These winches are not made in China, they are made in Taiwan, Just a bit of a difference there.

Yes they are good quality winches.

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount of up to and including his or her life. That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.
Ratmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 10:32 PM   #10
OR-TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratmeat View Post
These winches are not made in China, they are made in Taiwan, Just a bit of a difference there.

Yes they are made in Taiwan, my bad. Me and a buddy went down to the wilsonville office and checked them out. Their braking system seems to be pretty good. It seemed they would not overheat synthetic line like others do. About the same price as a warn though.
OR-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 08:43 AM   #11
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

Sounds like someone needs to buy one, and put it thru a torture test. Maybe at the easter jamboree some guys can put together a torture test of various winches. No mag rags to sway advertising votes. Just total punishment.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2014, 12:07 AM   #12
T-Jay
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratmeat View Post

I'm late to the party but yes Comeup is a Taiwan based company. I live here in Taiwan and we (Taiwan 4x4 Association 100+ of us) with few exceptions all run Comeups. The company actually sponsored my buddies competition YJ a couple summers ago.

All Comeup equipped
T-Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2014, 01:18 PM   #13
4xfiend
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Did anyone see this? Rokmen lifted Niblet off the ground and left it suspended using the winch.

http://youtu.be/1BidthuzSRc
?start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford
I DON'T FRIGGIN' CARE!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim M
Please keep the facts to yourself; nobody here wants to hear them. This was a perfectly good internet argument until you came along with anecdotal evidence.
4xfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2014, 06:45 PM   #14
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

video/link doesn't work^^

i bought one recently haven't used it yet, but seen some videos and reviews on them and they look pretty reliable.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.