Clean the Headlight Reflector - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Clean the Headlight Reflector

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-08-2009, 06:51 PM   #1
rusty-rubi

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Clean the Headlight Reflector

Does anyone have an idea for how to clean a headlight reflector without complete disassembly? I got muddy water inside the headlights which has dried and left a residue on the reflector and would like to clean it if I can. I seems to have splashed in through the small breather hole in the Hella Vision Plus headlights.

rusty-rubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 06:50 AM   #2
cidd
2001 XJ Cherokee 

small bottel brush ?? and soapy water
cidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 10:02 AM   #3
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Good question, got the same lights, same problem. I am gonna try to stuff it with a rag and spin it with the drill could work well, could destroy the light. We'll see...
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2009, 07:23 PM   #4
creepyjon
1953 CJ3B 

Before the lens cleaner kits came out, the hot trick was to take the headlights off the car. Then dunk them in a 5 gallon bucket of water with some bleach in it. Let them sit for at least an hour, maybe more. The hard part is drying them out. On the car there is no easy way, so they either have to come off or come apart. Also you can't fully seal up the headlights. The hot air expands up too much, and will make it's own vent if it does not have one. You could put a one way check valve inline though to prevent it from happening again.
creepyjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2010, 06:55 AM   #5
rusty-rubi

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I finally got around to cleaning it and here is what worked for me. My Hella conversions have a metal reflector with three feet that attach where the bulb is attached so access to the inside of the reflector is limited. I cut a corner off a micro fiber cloth and put it inside the lens with hot soapy (dish soap) water. I just swished it around for a few minutes until it came clean. It worked pretty well. Hope it works for you.
rusty-rubi is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.