Choosing an Air Compressor Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Choosing an Air Compressor Help

Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Zone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-23-2007, 10:05 PM   #1
BYuen
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Choosing an Air Compressor Help

I'm just looking for a cheap air compressor that can efficiently air up my tires in my garage from 13psi to about 28 or 30 in a quick amount of time. I've got 33s. I plan to just have it in my garage and to be used to air up after I wheel. I don't know what I should really get. Harbor Freight has some good deals, but I need some one to help me go in the right direction. I was looking at about maybe 50 to 100 dollars. Also would it be more cost efficient to buy a tank and air compressor separate or just buy an air compressor that comes with a tank? I have no idea about what to do. Sorry if I'm confusing, thanks again.

BYuen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2007, 10:32 PM   #2
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Check out this thread. I've got one of the Masterflows, it's called a Tsunami. I got it at Pep Boys, They have a slower cheaper one so check it out.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...hlight=tsunami
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2007, 06:59 AM   #3
BYuen
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for saving me from buying the HF model
Unread 07-24-2007, 08:19 AM   #4
dirtman13
2007 CJ7 

I bought the one from Costco and it works great. Takes me about 5 min to air up my 33's from 14 psi to 30 psi.

Last edited by dirtman13; 07-24-2007 at 04:35 PM..
dirtman13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2007, 10:15 PM   #5
CETROV

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I found an old compressor at a garage sale $10.00
I use it for tires - I have a big sears one for tools but the little works great - don't have to wait to fill up tires -

Look around at the garage sales or in the paper.
Unread 07-26-2007, 10:16 PM   #6
CETROV

1997 TJ Wrangler 

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/tls/382831837.html
Unread 07-26-2007, 11:28 PM   #7
BYuen
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Found a MaxFlow Tsunami not too far away. Works great. Wouldn't have gotten such a great compact air compressor w/o the great info. Thanks again. Airs my 33/12.5/15 from 12 to 30 psi in about 3 minutes per tire of course.
Unread 07-27-2007, 07:26 AM   #8
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Glad we could help.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.