Cherokee vs Bronco and the unibody - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Cherokee vs Bronco and the unibody

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-21-2011, 11:07 AM   #16
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
I would choose a Bronco (solid front axle smaller one) any day, any time, without any hesitation, over a grand or Cherokee to build big for off-road. I wouldn't even need a second to think about it. I know this is a jeep board but, I wouldn't want to build a unibody if I planned on keeping it for an extended period of time or going big.
X2, I just wouldn't build a unibody big period. Unibody designs are very stiff but they aren't strong. Remove any component like the doors for more fun wheeling and the strength is greatly dimenished. As in if you wheel it hard enough, you may not get the doors back on or back to where they will close right again.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.