Cherokee Guts to Comanche - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Cherokee Guts to Comanche

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-24-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
Dazkal

Cherokee Guts to Comanche

Long story short, tired of the look of the Cherokee for a trail rig. I love comanches but it seems its pretty hard to find with the right engine/TC combo. to my understanding, the engine, tranny, and TC will bolt right up. Are all the steering components the same or will i need to take them out of the cherokee? And i see the comanche has a longer wheel base but only in the rear. So the rear drive shaft is longer and also the comanche doesn't have a 8.25, it has a D35 or 44. so will the comanche drive shaft attach to the cherokee TC? or will i need to lengthen the cherokee drive shaft and put the 8.25 in the comanche with new mounts and such? Whats the easiest option here? any other troubles that i should be aware of before i go comanche huntin?

Dazkal is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.