Champion winches anyone used em? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Champion winches anyone used em?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #31
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Mine still going strong.... It won't win any speed races, but I have used/abused mine since 2006.

little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 04:30 PM   #32
bbradUSMC
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
Mine still going strong.... It won't win any speed races, but I have used/abused mine since 2006.
That's what I like to hear. Besides having some Chinese parts, I don't see why everyone bashes these things.
What model are you running?
bbradUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #33
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbradUSMC View Post
That's what I like to hear. Besides having some Chinese parts, I don't see why everyone bashes these things.
Maybe I have had this winch longer than I thought. Here is a pic from 2005....

Unread 04-24-2013, 07:55 PM   #34
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbradUSMC View Post
It's the 7,500lb that I purchased at my local Sam's Club for $299.00?
Unread 04-30-2013, 05:47 PM   #35
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Well mine is no longer in service...I had a 10k and I hit a tree last summer and didnt find out until a few months later when I went to use it that I broke the winch. Mine had the chrome handle on top like warns do and that handle some how broke its gear inside so its stuck in neutral, i can turn it forward and back but it doesn't engage the winch, unless you play with the gear until it catches but it can't handle any load on it. Anyone know where you can buy parts for them? I'm sure just replacing the gears inside it will make it work fine again. Or even just the gear attached to the handle it self I think would fix it.
Unread 10-04-2013, 08:25 PM   #36
goody01
1985 CJ7 

this an 8000 pound champion
not worth the money. for about another 100 bucks you can have a warn.
I had bought one of these p.o.s.'s and about the fourth time i used it , the casing snapped! its junk dont buy one and getting someone to service it is a joke!

Product Description
champion_power_equipment Pull your 4 x 4 truck or SUV out of mud, sand, and snow with this powerful 8000-lb. winch built for heavy jobs. Comes equipped with 95' of 5/16" galvanized aircraft cable on a 2.48" x 9"L drum, roller fairlead for short side pulls, free spooling clutch, flat bed mounting channel, D-shackle, clevis hook, and hook strap. Includes snatch block to double pulling power and convenient remote switch.

• Series Wound Motor (3.6 hp)
• 294:1 Gear Reduction Ratio- - 95 ft. x 5/16 in.
• Universal Mount/ Flat Bed Mounting Channel
• Roller Fairlead
• Power In/Out Controller
• Snatch Block
• D-Shackle
• Clevis Hook
goody01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.