Caster and Toe degree/ Death wobble - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Caster and Toe degree/ Death wobble

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-28-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
milz87
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Caster and Toe degree/ Death wobble

Hey guys, new member to the fourm but not a stranger to the site. I know there are many many threads and posts related to death wobble and god knows ive read them all, but heres my situation.

I installed the Rubicon Express 3.5" Standard lift last weekend. Its a basic lift nothing special but was prepared to get parts as needed. I started getting the wobbles this week and went to 4 wheel parts to get aligned, they did the alignment the best they could without axle cams. So i bought a set and they installed them and brought the castor and toe into spec as best he could. (see image)

I still have the wobble when hitting a bump. Everything is stock except the new sway bars, springs, and shocks. I have currently on order an adjustable track bar. Im hoping this will do the trick, but while Im waiting id figured I would get some opinions.

All tie rods and bolts are tightened and in good condition. I posted the alignment report so you knowledgeable guys could opine.

scan0001_1.jpg  
milz87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 12:17 PM   #2
loganm
2005 LJ Wrangler 

When I first installed my lift I got bad DW at 30mph research how to do an alignment did it my self and it does fine at 75 80mph. Even though you took it to a shop it never hurts to double check the toe in. Also I check mine pretty much after every trail ride. It doesn't get outta line easily but it can happen. I lost the link but there's plenty out there.
loganm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2012, 08:19 PM   #3
milz87
2003 TJ Wrangler 

good call. Ended up installing a Rubicon express track bar and rancho steering stabilizer. drives like a champ now. i fear i only band-aided the issue with the stabilizer, but now i have a stable vehicle and can replace parts without feeling under pressure.
milz87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
castor , death wobble , rubicon express , tj , toe

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.