Carseat LATCH weight limitations? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Carseat LATCH weight limitations?

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 07-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #1
BigWhis
2011 JK Wrangler 

Carseat LATCH weight limitations?

Hey a friend of mine who is really hig on child safety told me that every vehicle has a weight limitation for their LATCH system. Does anybody know what it is for Jeep Wranglers? I haven't been able to find any information yet. I'd look through the user guide cd, but I can't find it.

Unread 07-23-2013, 01:24 AM   #2
WSS
Web Wheeler
1972 CJ5 

I have never heard the latch system varied by vehicle. The weak link in the latch system is the non captive "latch", it is a spring tension hook. The vehicle mounts I have seen, have been attached at both sides of the loop, like a double shear, MUCH stronger than the carseat supplied belts.

Not an expert by any means, but I did lots of research when our son was born and found that using the OE seatbelt was stronger, less convienient but safer.
WSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.