Canadian Jeepers: Where did you buy your winch? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Canadian Jeepers: Where did you buy your winch?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-25-2011, 02:43 PM   #1
UnlimitedJDB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Canadian Jeepers: Where did you buy your winch?

I'm in the market for a decent 8000lb winch with a synthetic line and have decided to go with the Engo e9000-s or the smittybuilt XRC 8 comp, both of which can be found on US sites for $400-$450. My problem is that with cross boarder shipping and duty I'm probably looking at more like $600 to my door, and at that price I can buy a titan for only a bit more. I just don't know why we have to pay 25% more for the same products despite the fact that our dollar is par, if not stronger. Best deal I can find is $570 for a XRC-8 Comp (local) and that is $150 more than the average US price........... END RANT

SO my question is where did you buy your winch? what did it cost to ship? how much was duty if you bought from the US?

UnlimitedJDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 05:32 PM   #2
FAW-CAN-ADIAN
2004 TJ Wrangler 

canadian tire sells a 8500lb superwinch for 380 bucks.it was on sale last week for 320.i know more than a few guys that use em alot on their toyotas and jeeps.they seem quite reliable.or you could try north shore off road in north van.
FAW-CAN-ADIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 07:06 PM   #3
UnlimitedJDB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah I was looking at that, but I want a synthetic line and by the time I buy the line and fairlead I'm looking at about $600...
UnlimitedJDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 05:39 PM   #4
kelso1337
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Check northridge4x4.ca.
Talk to Stan on the phone if you wish.

I've been buying all my stuff from Stan @ northridge and there is very good reason for it. #1 customer service I've ever received.
kelso1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 09:51 PM   #5
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

northridge4x4 (Stan) or north shore off road (Will)
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canada , shipping cost , winch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.