Canadian Jeepers........read this! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Canadian Jeepers........read this!

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 03-28-2006, 09:14 AM   #1
Giviner
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Canadian Jeepers........read this!

Ok, any of you who live north of the border know how difficult it can be to obtain all the fun parts and mods that our neighbours to the south have easy access to. I've ordered from the US on occasion, sometimes I get nailed with duty and taxes, sometimes I don't.......it's a gamble really, and can be expensive if your package gets nabbed.

What I want to do it get a list going of any and all stores (online or otherwise) within Canada that you have used in the past and would recommend to others. Please post the website and/or address, and what brands/parts they carry. Thanks, hopefully this will save us all a little cash.

I'll go first, the only store I've dealt with that I would recommend is:

North Shore Offroad, in BC.
www.nsor.com
They carry pretty much everything, and too many brands to list. They've got a sale one Procomp tires right now if anyone is interested........buy 3 get 1 free. Great shipping rates too.

Giviner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2006, 07:22 PM   #2
murgg

not many online stores up here but there are a few. only reason i order form the US is the amount of stores makes for way better prices on some stuff even with shipping.
jsut get it shipped clsoe to the border and pick it up
Unread 04-01-2006, 07:01 AM   #3
mythic

http://www.national4wd.com/index.php
mythic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2006, 08:20 AM   #4
hawaii
2001 XJ Cherokee 

http://www.justjeeps.ca in Toronto.
hawaii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2006, 08:38 AM   #5
Curtis Doran
Frigid Jeeper

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Only place in Canada I have found is Canadiantire.ca...

THis thread is certianly going to come in handy as I have searched hi and low for parts within canada...
Curtis Doran is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2006, 10:15 AM   #6
Giviner
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I agree, for some stuff, you are just better off ordering from the US because it still works out cheaper even with shipping and duty (i.e. the LOD bumpers I just ordered )

One word of advice is to get anything from the US shipped UPS/Fedex if possible. I've found that those get nabbed less at customs than regular parcel post.
Unread 04-03-2006, 11:02 PM   #7
hawaii
2001 XJ Cherokee 

http://www.ruggedoffroad.com/ in Hamilton too.
http://jeepkings.ca has Buy & Sell forums too?
Unread 04-04-2006, 09:45 AM   #8
bradleyfitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepguy81
I agree, for some stuff, you are just better off ordering from the US because it still works out cheaper even with shipping and duty (i.e. the LOD bumpers I just ordered )

One word of advice is to get anything from the US shipped UPS/Fedex if possible. I've found that those get nabbed less at customs than regular parcel post.
How much was shipping for the LoD? I tried to get a price quote out of them to Ontario, but the best I could get after four emails (including two that Eddie sent on my behalf) was a single line response, "checking".

As far as vendors to add to the list, the only one I have that hasn't been listed yet is http://www.truro-offroad.com/, in Nova Scotia. I have not ordered from them, so I can't comment on customer service or anything.
98 Sahara, hp44/hp60, warn 5x5.5 premium hub conversion, 4.88, arb's, hydro assist, RE 4.5 SF /w 3.5 springs, Novak / Teraflex SS SYE, currie anti-rock, JKS 1.25" BL, 36" bias iroks, PSC Tube fenders /w 3" flare, PSC Ricochet Rockers, custom rear bumper, btf front bumper / winch plate, warn 9.5ti, full cage, TwistedStitch seats, RCI-2161a fuel cell
bradleyfitz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2006, 02:17 PM   #9
Giviner
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Shipping was just over $200 for the Xtreme Duty rear bumper and rocker guards. The rear bumper by itself was about $135 (all US $$). I ordered right from Chris at LOD.

I'm sure i'll have to pay a decent chunk for duty as well..................but they were what I wanted, and still will be cheaper than the Warns from NSOR.
Unread 04-12-2006, 04:46 PM   #10
Mike1313

www.gemini-sales.com They are out of BC and I've ordered a few basic parts from them. They seem good to deal with
Mike1313 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2006, 11:02 PM   #11
Brenters
2005 TJ Wrangler 

www.jeepthrills.ca In Toronto. I havn't dealt with them personally, but I hear good things.
Unread 04-17-2006, 07:18 PM   #12
hawaii
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Yug. There's nothing even listed at the Jeep Thrills site. It's all "Coming Soon", but I want it now daddy! </veruca_salt>
Unread 04-17-2006, 09:00 PM   #13
Brenters
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I know, their site's been "comming soon" for almost a year now. Try giving them a call or email i guess.
Unread 04-21-2006, 07:34 PM   #14
ImRaptor
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I've been looking for some sort of online retailer located in Canada for quite sometime. So far I've been SOL.
I tried shopping with Gemini once, but after with them for awhile and me asking for a total price with shipping and then not hearing from them again kind of turned me off of them. Even after I sent them an additional email requesting a responce back about the items I wanted to buy I still got nothing, so I decided I won't bother with them again.

for me.
ImRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2006, 08:24 PM   #15
hawaii
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Damn it! I was gonna order some windshield light brackets from them too. Guess I'll just go ahead and order them from the U.S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.