can anyone recommend wipers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > can anyone recommend wipers

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 05-17-2011, 03:50 PM   #1
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

can anyone recommend wipers

i need them soon. don't want the most expensive, but nothing too cheap either. i do wheel my jeep FYI.

4x4Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 10:39 PM   #2
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

I've not had very good luck with the frameless wipers like Bosch Icon or Valeo Ultimate (around $20 each), but they have some Goodyear Advantage frameless at Costco for $8 each that are fantastic on the WJ.

However, for mud, you really need a traditional metal-frame wiper. Bosch Excel, Excel Plus work well for me and are usually about $12 each. I don't really care for the cheaper Ansa or Trico or the Rain-X wipers. Don't overthink it though.
billzcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2011, 09:07 AM   #3
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

alright thanks man
4x4Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2011, 09:10 AM   #4
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Location: where I wheel: N 45║ 36.663' W 123║ 20.935', Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
I've not had very good luck with the frameless wipers like Bosch Icon or Valeo Ultimate (around $20 each), but they have some Goodyear Advantage frameless at Costco for $8 each that are fantastic on the WJ.
x2, frameless wipers are great. The ones at COSTCO are pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
However, for mud, you really need a traditional metal-frame wiper. Bosch Excel, Excel Plus work well for me and are usually about $12 each. I don't really care for the cheaper Ansa or Trico or the Rain-X wipers. Don't overthink it though.
Although much more pricey (usually $16/blade), the Silblade Silicone traditional framed wipers last long and don't streak. I run Silblades .
1998 TJ Moss [COLOR=darkgreen][B][SIZE=3]Green[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] Sahara w/ numerous scratches & dents whose playground is on a tropical island that's 33 miles long and 4-12 miles wide, in year-round 82 degree weather.

[Edit] "Now jeepin in Oregon" [/Edit]
IslandTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2011, 09:25 AM   #5
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

X2 on the Silblade recommendation. IIRC correctly, they are warrantied for a lifetime. I have put them on all my cars and Jeeps at once before and they do hold up seemingly forever. Best blades I've ever used in 45+ years of driving. Now all those cars and Jeeps are gone, I need to get some more Silblades for what I now have.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.