Camo my Jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Camo my Jeep

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 08-10-2005, 12:08 PM   #1
Kcolg

Camo my Jeep

Anyone ever used the stick-on camo clad stuff like what is at www.camoclad.com

Wondering if it has held up as well as advertised and did you do it yourself? Any pictures?

Kcolg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2005, 03:14 PM   #2
98JEEPTJ
2005 WK 

I never really understood why your vehicle needs to be camo any way. Been hunting Iowa and Colorado my whole life and I have never had a camo vehicle...Guess I was just lucky right....seems like a waste of time and money but only you can decide if it's worth it its your jeep...
Unread 08-11-2005, 09:56 AM   #3
Kcolg

I just think it looks good. My ZJ is already 11 years old and the current paint is already scratched from the trails so it's not like a new showroom finish anymore. I also hunt, but I take the truck for that. That was until last year when it would not start that morning so I bored the wife's new Honda Accord. Put the deer right in the trunk, suprisingly it fit well and even closed if you pushed on the head. The wife took it well and even took my picture with the deer in the trunk.

No one's done it? They have a couple of pictures of a CJ and an XJ on the site above that is camoed out, and it looks good.
Unread 08-11-2005, 11:43 AM   #4
NYCXJ90
1990 XJ Cherokee 

If I were to ever camo my vehicle it would be the USMC pattern. It is proven that it is the best in personal camoflage.

The rounded stuff is obsolete. It can be picked up a lot faster than the new USMC stuff by the human eye, it's UV and IR clean (no dyes or fabrics in it will show up brighter on optics).

That leafy pattern makes me ill. If you really wanna hide your vehicle, use cammy netting. You will need to add local shrubs/brush/leaves to it but if you do it right it'll be a lot harder to spot you.

Plus what do you do when you're on the trail and a tree branch or a rock peels that sticker off your jeep?
NYPD Jeep Club Member #2
Marine Corps Jeep Club Member #3
So I tell the swampdonkey to sock it before I give her a trunky in the tradesman's entrance and I have her lick me yardballs.
NYCXJ90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2005, 05:04 PM   #5
Kcolg

It is not to hide the vehicle, just to be different. And as far as sticks or rocks peeling the sticker, I will do the same thing I do when they scratch my paint....
Unread 08-21-2005, 07:47 PM   #6
PAvementENDS
2008 JK Wrangler 

Sounds good

I priced it out for my CJ7 and it will run about 450 which is alot cheaper than repainting. Plus, the end result should be something unique.

Let me know if you go for it. I'm curious about it holding up but the ripstop tape seems to indicate that it will take a beating.
PAvementENDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2005, 07:09 AM   #7
jeep01_71

I have seen one jeep here that had it done. I only seen him the one time but it was a cj 5 and it looked like he had the realtree pattern. It looked sharp and I have been thinking about doing it ever since. The only reason I havent is because I still have a good paint job on it and there is some other stuff I would like to do first. I say go for it, I saw one first hand and it was sharp.

Mike
15x8 Rock Crawler Black Soft 8's
Warn Front and Rear Bumpers w/ tire carrier
New Bestop replace a top
jeep01_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2005, 05:19 PM   #8
Tjs88xj

right on with the USMC digi camo..

I want to try and find some place that I can get the digital woodland in a big ole vinyl sticker. Semper Fi
Unread 06-18-2008, 06:30 PM   #9
the_barbarian
1987 YJ Wrangler 

hehe, i guess i stumbled into the right post.. my job isn't quite done yet, ans i still need to do a little welding and i ran out of black..

Krylon Camo Ultra flat. in the rattle cans. overall cost about $60 for paint. i have the patterns for the M151 and just adapted them.. Nato 3 color woodland.

wouldn't mind seing your rig now.. guess i accidentally dug up a skeleton..
Proud owner of 5 jeeps, and certified JEEP Junkie. newest acquisition and current project (read money-pit); 1987 Wrangler Laredo, hard top, leather seats, custom Woodland Camo, 4.2 I6, 5 SP stick, 4X4 (of course).
the_barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2008, 07:11 PM   #10
goose2125

camo

check this site out http://www.camomyride.com/ i have not done a jeep yet but i have applied it to several hunting boats, and a couple of enclosed hunting trailers and it holds up really good for being vinyl !!!!!
goose2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2008, 11:39 AM   #11
meek61480
1990 XJ Cherokee 

i want to do digital camo on my xj. i tried it out first on a hood i got for 10 bucks. first, if done right it would look really good. you also have to get the right colors. i would suggest 4 of them. i did 3 and the colors did not go together as i planned. i used squares that measured 3.5 in. i would use like a 2 inch square. finally lots of time to ge the design just right. because my hood looked bad. really bad.
meek61480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2008, 11:56 AM   #12
USMCredneck
1979 CJ5 

This guy did the same thing but went with a different manufacturer. PM him and see how his has been holding up and what not.

Can't say I'd do it to my jeep (I like my OD green setup) but I like the look of it. Definitely unique.
Unread 10-01-2008, 09:21 PM   #13
runnerboy2010
1992 YJ Wrangler 

i was thinking about doing something with my old 94 XJ but my dad wanted to go cheap so i think if it happens were just buying spray paint and going old school like the camo on the old military blazers.
runnerboy2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2008, 11:14 PM   #14
sam.b.
1998 TJ Wrangler 

flat green base, fern leaves painted black over top
www.kifourwheelers.com << Louisville Ky. based 4x4 club
sam.b. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2008, 04:43 PM   #15
ZeroGravity
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Why? Because Real Tree camo=awesome!
The U.S. Army vaguely envisioned something bigger than a motorcycle, smaller than a truck, and undaunted by the most difficult terrain.
ZeroGravity is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads
  • Wrapped JEEP, Orange Camo - General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment (44 replies)
  • Camo - General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment (8 replies)
  • Camo vinyl? - General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment (0 replies)
  • camo clad - General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment (7 replies)
  • Camo flares - General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment (2 replies)

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.