Busted for Window Tint - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Busted for Window Tint

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 05-11-2003, 05:03 PM   #1
MendoXJ

Busted for Window Tint

I have 15% tint on my front windows and got pulled over by a bike cop for it. I have a month to get the tint taken off and signed off. My question is, not saying that I would but could you just put in the badge nummber and signature and all from a cop from one of my many other tickets. I dont see how they could ever know that it wasent the accual officer that signed it, casue when I got my tires writen off casue they were to wide the cop just signed the ticket and thats it, he dident record anything at all. Im not saying im gona break the law but really dont want to take the tint off as I have alot of expensive stereo equipment and stuff that could get stolen. Thanks

36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL SX's
Poison Spyder Comp Stinger
MendoXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2003, 05:43 PM   #2
Owen

I would find somone else with a jeep and swap the doors...who cares about the color...My buddy does this for inspection in NJ..He went to inspection this year with my silver full doors on his red jeep. Also with 4" of lift and 30" stock tires...It was very funny...wish I had pics...He passed too...
Unread 05-11-2003, 05:46 PM   #3
MendoXJ

I dont know anyone else with a XJ here though
any thoughts on the write off forge?
Unread 05-11-2003, 05:54 PM   #4
bob91yj

Personally, I think forgery like that would make a bad situation MUCH worse.
Unread 05-11-2003, 06:30 PM   #5
MendoXJ

But how would they ever know it wasent a real officer.

1. Their is no written proof that a officer wrote it off (even if he really did)
2. They give you the ticket back so they dont have a record of who wrote it off

It seems like it would work no problem, but then again why wouldent everyone just do this? there has to be a catch, but I cant figure out what it is.
Unread 05-11-2003, 06:54 PM   #6
LOCKED UP
Senior Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Sounds like you need to make buddies with a local Joe Law. Not only will he let you in on the secret, but if you can't do it yourself he might sign it for you.

On the other hand, if the guys in your area care enough to write one ticket, why wouldn't they write you another one if you keep the tint?

98 XJ
LOCKED UP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2003, 08:37 PM   #7
foreverjeepin
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Not a good idea at all, trust me, if you have delt with one officer on the situation, all the others know about it as well. That's just how it works. Laws, good or bad, are there for a reason, if you break them, in a big way or small way, you are just like the rest of the people who break the law....WRONG!!!!!! Forgery (if you use another officer's name) can get you in trouble, or if you make one up, that's impersonating an officer which is also bad JuJu... Have you informed your insurance company of the expensive stereo equiptment in your vehicle? I told my insurance company and they told me as long as I have receipts of the equiptment and it was stolen, they would replace it. This is just my feelings and opinions, take them how every you like....JP

"LEAD TODAY OR BE LOST TOMORROW"
foreverjeepin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2003, 08:42 PM   #8
MendoXJ

Thanks alot for acctually helping unlike JU. I was just wondering, im not really gona do it. Ill just have to live without it
Unread 05-11-2003, 08:47 PM   #9
igofshn
Locked @ both ends

Quote:
Originally posted by MendoXJ
But how would they ever know it wasent a real officer.

1. Their is no written proof that a officer wrote it off (even if he really did)
2. They give you the ticket back so they dont have a record of who wrote it off

It seems like it would work no problem, but then again why wouldent everyone just do this? there has to be a catch, but I cant figure out what it is.
You know it is illegal to have windows tinted in CA. Why make it worse. I would say forgery/fraud would put you in the can. Scrape the window's.

[Jeep Pics
igofshn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2003, 11:12 AM   #10
Whybu1
Lets go Penguins!!!!

2001 TJ Wrangler 

The whole idea of forging the ticket is a really bad idea. Even if you have the paper copy of teh ticket I can assure you it was entered either into the computer or is still on the carbon copy the officer keeps. They cannot write a ticket without recording it. What happens if the same officer stops you again? How you gonna explain it? "I umm took the tint off like you told me. But uhhh I put it back on later." Just take off the tint. Besides, unless you tinted the windshield the crooks can look in that way.
Whybu1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2003, 12:07 PM   #11
desertchp

I would listen to the other guys that posted. It would be a really bad idea to forge the name. I wont tell you how the courts know but trust me they do....look at my screen name....

The court clerks get to know the officrs and what their signatures look like, plus they can cal the department and the list goes on and on. Better to just get it taken off and do it the right way. IN california it is illegal to have any kind of tint on the front windows. 26708(a).

Just my 2 cents.

Converted A/C to engine driven air compressor.

[URL]http://hometown.aol.com/desertjeep15689[/URL]
desertchp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2003, 12:17 PM   #12
TroyBoyM
whatever

Forging an officer's signature would result in 1 year in either county jail or state prison here in CA. And when it's an officer's signature you're forging, you're going to have one very interested police officer, much more so than when investigating a forged check. It would be very easy to just sign off the ticket, but trust me, it's just not worth the potential trouble.
TroyBoyM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2003, 12:26 PM   #13
IMOiRock

I have mine tinted dark and but have not had any trouble yet. If I get ticketed I will peel it though.
IMOiRock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2003, 12:48 PM   #14
IMOiRock

I wonder if you took the doors off if it would count as you having removed the window tint. The visibility is even better than stock too.
IMOiRock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2003, 11:36 PM   #15
Dacaur
2008 MK Patriot 

another thought is to get that removable tint, its like static cling or something, you can take it off to get it inspected then put it back on.....

99 WJ Laredo
2.5" Budget boost, 265/75/16 tires, K&N air filter
www.dacaur.com/jeep.html

Past Jeeps:
1992 YJ 4.0, 5 speed 6", lift 33's
1992 XJ 4.0, auto, 3" lift, 31's
1999 XJ 4.0, auto, 3" lift, 31's
1985 XJ 2.5, 5 speed, no lift, 255/70/15's
---------------
Dacaur is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.