brush guard, winch, winch mount compatibility - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > brush guard, winch, winch mount compatibility

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-20-2007, 10:12 AM   #1
Longspoon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

brush guard, winch, winch mount compatibility

ok so I'm looking at this

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.as...=0&partID=6129

it says it's for a 98-06 but says it is used with this

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?pid=37170

which of course is for 97-04. The comparable part for an 06 appears to be

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.as...=0&partID=6167

Which is the same model number, though different part number, of the winch plate that the original brush guard is incompatible with. The part number listed as incompatible appears to be the version made for YJ's and not TJ's so I'm guessing that the 06 version of that model number may work...

So the two questions are, which mounting plate would fit that brush guard, and will both those pieces (brush guard and mounting plate) fit with the superwinch epi9.0 that I have decided to go with?

confused yet?

Join these groups... NGJC #4 - VA Jeepers - LJ Owners
"I'm not a Republican because I grew up rich, but because I didn't want to spend
the rest of my life poor, waiting for the government to rescue me." MH

The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect. - CR
Finally, a word to those of you out there who have yet to be offended by something I have written or said: Please be patient. I am working as fast as I can. - AC
Longspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2007, 03:24 PM   #2
Crashnburn80
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Wow you made that confusing.

OK. First off, that brush guard you are looking at is 50% off at quadratec right now: http://www.quadratec.com/products/12115_00_07.htm

2nd, you do not have an 8274 winch, so you do not want the 8274 winch plate, that only fits that one specific upright winch.

You want the Planetary winch mount, I'm not sure why 4wd lists that plate as only being good up to 04, but it should work on a TJ up to the final year of 06. I confirmed it on quadratec's website as well, and they list it as being good for 98-06.

OME ZJ/LJ combo | SwayLOC | 1.25" BL | Nth TT | Riddler diff covers | EMP gastank skid | 33" MTRs | Warn M8000 | Cobra75
and much more...

Riddler torture test video
Oil Filter Study
Useful Axle Info Thread
Crashnburn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2007, 07:21 AM   #3
Longspoon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

dude thanks so much for that, it'll save me a bundle (both of money and headache from the little woman )

sorry it got real confusing, thanks for clearing it all up for me...
"I'm not a Republican because I grew up rich, but because I didn't want to spend

The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect. - CR
Finally, a word to those of you out there who have yet to be offended by something I have written or said: Please be patient. I am working as fast as I can. - AC
Unread 07-24-2007, 11:09 PM   #4
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longspoon
dude thanks so much for that, it'll save me a bundle (both of money and headache from the little woman )

sorry it got real confusing, thanks for clearing it all up for me...
Don't buy that brush guard. It mounts to the Warn winch plate. So if you're going to get anything other than the Warn it will not work. They used to have one that mounted to the bolts on the bumper, but apparently good luck in finding that one.

edit: I guess I should check all the links first. haha as long as the warn plate you buy has the two holes in it, then you're good. The Warn one I picked up (it was like the 2000 model) didn't have those two holes, so no guard for me..

'88 YJ, 33's, auto, 4.2L. Many pieces waiting to be put in!
XabuJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2007, 06:26 AM   #5
Longspoon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Yea now that I'm noticing that it REQUIRES the warn winch plate I'm not so sure... I'm also not really sure why I got so hung up on which winch plate to begin with. I'm not dead set on the Warn plates, ultimately I just liked the way that guard looked.

If I were to get another brand of mount do you think it would be a major hassle to drill holes in it to fit that guard?

Unread 07-25-2007, 10:48 AM   #6
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longspoon
Yea now that I'm noticing that it REQUIRES the warn winch plate I'm not so sure... I'm also not really sure why I got so hung up on which winch plate to begin with. I'm not dead set on the Warn plates, ultimately I just liked the way that guard looked.

If I were to get another brand of mount do you think it would be a major hassle to drill holes in it to fit that guard?
Probably not, depending on the style of plate. I will see if I can get you a pic of my warn plate and maybe photoshop it so you can see how the new ones are, unless someone posts a pic of one of their new ones..

'88 YJ, 33's, auto, 4.2L. Many pieces waiting to be put in!
XabuJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2007, 12:48 PM   #7
Skeezer
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Go to Nate's 4x4

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.