Braking Upgrade HELP - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Braking Upgrade HELP

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 03-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #1
justinmarr
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Braking Upgrade HELP

Well, I actually just got the jeep, and the previous owner lifted it, and put on the 35's, and didn't touch the brakes, so $300 later, I had purchased new vented and slotted rotors, AGGRESSIVE pads, and some new wheel hubs (just because they are going out) anyways, after I tore everything down, I realized I Have a heavy duty, 33 spline axle??? Im not sure if that helps, but nothing fit, so after I returned everything, and here I am. The jeep is still in CA, as i just recently moved to Texas, so I can't get a number or anything off the Axle. I just have what I was told by the previous owner, its an upgraded axle, anyone know where I can get some rotors/hubs for it?

THANKS! Justin

justinmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
kjg26
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Most people tell you to scrap the rear axle and upgrade it. That wasn't an immediate option for me. I pulled the rear brackets calipers rotors pads and lines from a Grand Cherokee with a Dana 35 install them on my 93 Wrangler. I also upgraded the brake booster two one from a 95. And the proportioning valve for a 97 Grand Cherokee with front and rear disc brakes. I am incredibly happy with the stopping performance of the setup. With future upgrades in mind I will be able to use the master cylinder and brake proportioning valve as well as the brake booster for an upgraded Ford 8.8 axle.
http://stu-offroad.com/suspension/d35disc/d35-1.htm
My only complaint is that I cannot seem to get my emergency brake cables to sit or to be the right length

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.