Bestop Soft Top - you might want to avoid it - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Bestop Soft Top - you might want to avoid it

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Closed Thread
Unread 05-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #31
7T7
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvanus

you would need a shield if they made lighter colors other than black!
True! But then how could they sell their accessory headliner? Actually the headliner seems to do triple duty, not only reflects heat in summer, but keeps heat in in winter, and reduces noise.

Unread 05-13-2013, 05:27 AM   #32
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7T7 View Post

I checked it out and decided to give ot a try. Found it for 95 bucks with free shipping. Thanks again for the info.
Let me know if it works. I'd like one for my LJ.
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
Unread 05-13-2013, 09:37 AM   #33
Quadratec
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate
2007 JK Wrangler 

Bestop only offers factory match colors within the year range they were produced for a CJ or Wrangler (the only factory tan used on TJs/LJs was spice, dark tan* & khaki*). Bestop has also phased out some colors due to lack of demand.

We Price Match, PM me for a quote

Online Hours: 9am-5pm EST Monday - Friday

Jeep Parts | Jeep Wheels | Jeep Tires | Jeep Lift Kits | Jeep Bumpers | Jeep Soft Tops
Unread 05-14-2013, 06:02 AM   #34
silvanus
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadratec View Post
Bestop only offers factory match colors within the year range they were produced for a CJ or Wrangler (the only factory tan used on TJs/LJs was spice, dark tan* & khaki*). Bestop has also phased out some colors due to lack of demand.
Will be you be introducing an Q-Tec RAT for the TJ-L/L J soon, if so will there be two/three color choices???
Unread 05-14-2013, 09:57 AM   #35
jeffreybomb
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Probably a good idea to start a new thread so the goober who originally started this thread to trash a legitimate company doesn't keep getting attention.
Unread 05-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #36
wilson1010
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreybomb View Post
Probably a good idea to start a new thread so the goober who originally started this thread to trash a legitimate company doesn't keep getting attention.
I so agree with this. Hopefully, mine will be the last post to this sorry episode where a disgruntled troll has poured dirt on what is the most popular top supplier.

Unread 05-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #37
extremejm
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
I so agree with this. Hopefully, mine will be the last post to this sorry episode where a disgruntled troll has poured dirt on what is the most popular top supplier.

Jeffery is a malcontent on another forum. He turned what was a discussion about my top into a flame war. His attitude is obvious, as is his lack of actually reading the original post. Regarding my "bogus" account, the forum admin and I agreed to remove the post on his forum since "JefferyBomb" does little else than bomb the thread with his drivel.

I don't want to pollute the thread with another worthless flame war with someone that has little else to do than show his lack of anything intelligent.

What I find amazing is his need to search other forums for my post. Loser definitely comes to mind.

Regardless, the quality can be seen in photos and if Bestop (who is SUPPOSED to have top notch service) actually looked at the photos, they would see that the quality just wasn't there. Maybe the top was a "friday" top or maybe the person doing the velcro was off his/her game. It does, however show that companies of any reputation can put out a crappy product.
Unread 05-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #38
extremejm
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_dippert View Post
I had my suspicions since this thread was his first (and only?) activity. Almost called him out on it but I've been trying to give people the benefit of the doubt lately.
What are forums for except to tell others about your problem experiences, ask for help and respond to help others? It just so happens that I haven't had the need for an account. I appreciate the doubt.
Unread 05-14-2013, 03:28 PM   #39
extremejm
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Sorry Jeffreybomb, you get no answer from me except to say that you're truly a disturbed individual. Keep thinking you own all the forums.
Unread 05-14-2013, 03:31 PM   #40
extremejm
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
This is why I'm debating getting a Bestop Twill top, it has a lifetime warranty. Would come in handy if most tops only last ~5yrs?!
Yes, try 3-5... I called them around 2.7 years into it but the warranty isn't lifetime, it's 2 years. I SHOULD have called earlier, but I expected better customer service.
Unread 05-14-2013, 03:35 PM   #41
extremejm
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_dippert View Post
All 5 of the Bestop tops I've had were great quality. I replaced two aging (and abused) OE tops with RATs (in a parking lot). All 4 exceeded my expectations. Especially the sailcloth tops.

Maybe you have a lemon, but you are definately in the 1% crowd with your issues. Did you just get replacement fabric, or an entirely new top with hardware?

If you think Bestop's quality is bad, try any of the discount brands in a Qtec catalog. Those are engineered to only last a handful of years.
Maybe it was a lemon but they didn't want to do anything about it which really amazed me, particularly if they indicated a 3-5 year lifetime (which I think 3 years is very shy of what people would expect and I wasn't even there when I called them). Now I'm on year four and it leaks like a sieve. Oh well, I guess I'll try another (which was part of my original post request for thoughts)
Unread 05-14-2013, 03:38 PM   #42
extremejm
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It's toolboxes like extremejm that give good companies bad names.
Or it's people like me that bring the attention of bad craftsmanship (or possibly the trend of it) to others. Keep the dream alive jefferybomb.
Unread 05-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #43
extremejm
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry for all the posts all. Been on the road lately and haven't been able to respond.
Unread 05-15-2013, 08:19 AM   #44
jeffreybomb
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Can we please delete this thread and ban "extremejm?" This guy is such an obvious troll.

The only reason he replied wasn't because he was "on the road." He replied to keep this garbage thread bumped to the top after reading my suggestion to start a new thread. He will continue to troll by bumping it with inane crap.
Unread 05-16-2013, 10:56 AM   #45
WakeDoctor
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeDoctor View Post
I only got 4 years out of my 2 bestops when I lived in South Georgia. You probably see hotter days and more water in your location and it eats the seams out of these tops from what I can tell..
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremejm View Post
It's garage kept most of the time...
So was mine. Same factors and same life expectancy.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.