Best winch for my money - Page 14 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #196 of 300 Old 08-26-2013, 01:09 PM
-jb-
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw View Post
got it. I figured it would be a lot more the way that body builder was complaining about having to haul it
I was simply stating that a steel cable will try to keep it's shape and is harder to unspool than a synthetic line. Pulling a steel cable up a hill can wear you out after awhile when it's fighting to unspool

Yellow Jeep Member #42
01 TJ Sport
00 TJ Sport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #197 of 300 Old 08-26-2013, 01:28 PM
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post

Please don't consider folks disagreeing with me as anything but most of them just not seeing things correctly. The winch strap thread is a prime example. I have no dog in the fight, I don't care and all I was doing was trying to keep someone from losing a few fingers and you see how that's going.

The best part is the owner of the part being offended that I got his name from his website which is a "public venue" and then used it in another one which seems to have greatly offended him if my PM's are any indicator.

If you distill it down to the least diluted content, it is nothing more than "hey, if you like your fingers, that's a really bad idea". Now look at the mess that caused and no I'm not the least beat up over it, in fact it gives me more insight into just how clueless folks can be for reasons I've yet to decipher.
Link to said thread?

Sent from my phone where grammar isn't easy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #198 of 300 Old 08-26-2013, 01:29 PM
TJDaveX
Motorized toy collector

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Life was so much simpler when people just argued about how good their crappy Chinese winch is.

post #199 of 300 Old 08-26-2013, 01:33 PM
rchase559
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnEmOvr

Link to said thread?

Its currently 3 threads below this one in general jeep tech
post #200 of 300 Old 08-26-2013, 01:38 PM
jjvw
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchase559 View Post

New Winch Hook Strap

I'll take some of the blame for creating that monster.

2003 Rubicon

post #201 of 300 Old 08-26-2013, 03:41 PM
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchase559 View Post

I'm never in general tech much. Only reason I know about this thread is it started in tj tech

post #202 of 300 Old 08-26-2013, 04:06 PM
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -jb- View Post
I was simply stating that a steel cable will try to keep it's shape and is harder to unspool than a synthetic line. Pulling a steel cable up a hill can wear you out after awhile when it's fighting to unspool
still just busting chops, flatbelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvw View Post
New Winch Hook Strap

I'll take some of the blame for creating that monster.
lol I got to check this out now
post #203 of 300 Old 08-26-2013, 07:54 PM
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

I have decided I need to spend more time in general tech.

post #204 of 300 Old 08-26-2013, 08:38 PM
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I don't think its usually this good

Can you afford the car? Have I provided you all the information you need on the car? Do you like the car? Then buy the car.
post #205 of 300 Old 08-27-2013, 05:28 AM
mike_dippert
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw View Post
I don't think its usually this good
Nope. Pretty boring most of the time.
post #206 of 300 Old 08-27-2013, 07:18 AM
Sixbanga
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by geiman View Post
I think you're mistaking Gerald for Blaine there bud.

Might want to make sure you have the right witch before burning them at the stake.
Dang it. I apologize. As often as I stick my foot in my mouth I should be more carefull.
post #207 of 300 Old 08-27-2013, 07:29 AM
Sixbanga
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
See, that wasn't difficult was it? There is a minor risk of fine silt embedding itself deep in the rope fibers and then causing internal abrasion when the line is loaded that has a small potential to cause harm. The same risk is also inherent in steel lines, so the same care you use after using your steel cable in the mud should also be carried over to the synthetic stuff.

I don't have people skills which is why I'm not the face of Savvy. I work on the technical side developing stuff and I get along with fab and metal just fine. As to the rest, we don't make trackbars, we re-sell the Currie Trackbar.

BTW though, I do want to thank you for not bashing me while trying to break it off in my nether regions. A finer display of passive aggressive BS I've not seen in awhile and you pick on my people skills?

As far as getting to know me, I tend to know what I'm discussing unless I'm messin' with Slackjaw. I tend to irritate the crap out of those who have poor debate skills. I really bother those who operate from indefensible positions, I'm arrogant, I don't suffer fools lightly, and very little entertains me more than picking on the helpless. What else did you want to know?
My people skills are fair imo. My debating and internet skills are poor at best.
I never doubted that you know what your discussing, just the way you go about it. Im sure I will give you plenty of opportunities to pick on the helpless in the future.
post #208 of 300 Old 08-27-2013, 11:24 AM
norin_radd
2006 TJ Wrangler 

smittybilt xrc8 with synthetic. goes on sale for 399 sometimes. the steel xrc8 for 299$ you cant beat that price with matched quality . good warranty. good company. easily available
post #209 of 300 Old 08-27-2013, 11:28 AM
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by norin_radd View Post
smittybilt xrc8 with synthetic. goes on sale for 399 sometimes. the steel xrc8 for 299$ you cant beat that price with matched quality . good warranty. good company. easily available
Smittybuilt and quality should not be used in the same sentence,

post #210 of 300 Old 08-27-2013, 12:42 PM
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnEmOvr

Smittybuilt and quality should not be used in the same sentence,

I have two Smittybilt insulated cup holders zip tied to my A pillar, they have not failed me yet.

Tags
sahara , winches , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.